add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Replacing AIO Fans

Degreezify

6 days ago

Is it possible to replace the fans on a NZXT Kraken M22 with RGB fans?

Comments

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

As long as they are the same size of fans then yes. Seems that is a single 120mm fan AIO but I would recommend filtering for only PWM 4 pin fans that are 120mm.

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

I have some deepcool rgb fans and i decided to put 1 as the intake and just that 1 made it run hot so i kept the nzxt fan as the exhaust for the rad.

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

The Aer P fan that comes with it is a pretty decently performing fan. If you want to maintain similar cooling performance, try to find a fan with similar specs (static pressure: 2.93mm/H20 @ 2000RPM). Or if you aren't running anything that gets too hot, I guess you could replace it with whatever.

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

Static pressure is a worthless metric to look at due to it being recorded differently for each fan manufacturer.

>2000rpm will be loud, unless you are willing to drop big bucks on nocuta (A12x25)

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

Hm, ok, so how are you supposed to know what a fan's performance is like? I didn't know this and just go by their specs.

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

Look up reviews that compare fans in a controlled benchmark

You might not see similar numbers, but controlling for volume gives a good metric

• 5 days ago
  • 1 point

Would you recommend any good sites for comparing fans? I've watched several different youtube videos and they all do different things. Everyone has wildly different results and that's why I just look at the manufacturer specs. Do you have a source that you trust? Just want to find a good starting point. Thanks.

• 6 days ago
  • 1 point

Another trick if there is room is if a fan doesn't have as much pressure as needed to run 2 fans in push/pull config. Still recommended to use the same fan for both but with 2 fans working together that could overcome the pressure of a single fan. This fan would be rather close compared to those specs and have RGB and PWM.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube