add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO or Audio-Technica ATH-M50x ?

farieon

5 months ago

My main use will be for gaming as well as everyday use just for listening to music. I listen to all types of music but mostly EDM. Most reviews say that the beyerdynamic's are more comfortable and better for overall music listening, but whats holding me back is the sheer amount of reviews and popularity the M50x have over the beyerdynamic's. I'm also a bit confused on what OHM would be best on the beyerdynamic's for me.

Can anybody who have or have used the headphones help me come to a decision?

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

I love my M50x. However, the DT770 Pro are probably the better choice for you, assuming similar pricing. As far as the Ohms, higher theoretically means better sound ( I haven't experienced this personally, due to my next point) but they require more power to drive. The 250 Ohm model is designed to be used with professional studio equipment; the 32 Ohm version should run on just about anything; the 80 Ohm version 'might' run well enough on most things but would benefit from a decent amp.

If possible, I'd also recommend looking into open back headphones. Downside of course is they don't isolate sound, so if you game in a room with other people or want to bring the headphones with you on the street, they probably aren't the best idea.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube