5 days ago
I'm putting together a list of parts for a gaming PC I hope to have built by the 9th or 10th of June, with purchasing occurring during the two weeks prior to that. I've settled on some parts but others I've put in there as place holders with a greater and lesser feeling of what works / I like, and what I'd like to replace.
- Definitely unsure about the look and even the size / space of the Phanteks – Enthoo Luxe ATX Full Tower Case, but I'm not looking to go (completely) overboard there either. Very curious about suggestions here.
- I'm unsure but I suspect it would be a good idea to drop the PSU down to 850w vs. the 1000w currently listed, though I'm pretty sure I'll be staying with SeaSonic for the manufacturer and Titanium+ as I'd like to ensure the system endures for 4+ years where doable (understanding it won't be "optimal" past 2 years, of course).
- On that note, is there a strong recommendation to go with a UPS vs. a good Surge Protector? I've had no issues with my current much older build which has been with me for 6+ years and never had an issue where I live.
- Always looking for Monitor suggestions, with the understanding this will be my primary / only monitor for a while (a year if not more most likely).
- I have listed both the Corsair K95 as well as the Corsair - RGB MK.2 Low Profile RAPIDFIRE Wired Gaming Keyboard, but I have a K95 already (perhaps nearly 2 years old now?) and the only game I really use the macros on is The Forest which can benefit from them for sure. Most likely will go with the Mk.2 Low Profile Rapidfire option, unless others have used that and felt it was a bad choice?
- If anyone can suggest a good headset with included mic, I'd appreciate it. Currently using a Sennheiser PC 363D which has been wonderful, but wondering about switching it out. Honestly considering dumping the headset and sticking with what I've got to add a second SSD (the EVO Plus by example, or 2 of those with a replacement for the Pro).
The Games I plan to play on this computer: ♦ Cyberpunk 2077 (whenever that get's released) ♦ The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition ♦ Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice ♦ The Forest ♦ Deus Ex: Mankind Divided ♦ Mass Effect 1, 2, & 3 with mods for 1 ♦ Ori and the Blind Forest (definitive edition) ♦ Wasteland 2: Director's Cut (very maybe)