add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Does this Mini ATX support this GPU?

p3ibol

4 days ago

It's the first time I'm considering buying a Mini ATX, because of availability and the integrated WIFI. I have a question though, because I'm not sure if it would support my curent GPU.

The Mainboard is the MSI - B250I GAMING PRO AC Mini ITX LGA1151 https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/fdYWGX/msi-b250i-gaming-pro-ac-mini-itx-lga1151-motherboard-b250i-gaming-pro-ac

My GPU is the Gainward - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/29cMnQ/gainward-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-video-card-426018336-3712

Would my GPU be supported by the Mainboard?

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

Yes, there is no inherent compatibility issue between that card and that motherboard.

For essentially any recent consumer-oriented desktop motherboard, the only requirement for the GPU is a PCIe x16 slot, which nearly any will have. If you had a much heavier card, you may be concerned about flexing the small mini ITX motherboard, but it's usually more of an aesthetic issue, if at all. (That also depends on the case orientation.)

Other considerations include the PSU (quality, power output capabilities, and connectors) and physical size constraints for the graphics card.

What's your overall goal, though? Are you trying to move an existing system with a 6th/7th gen processor to a smaller chassis?

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

Thanks!!

Actually I'm building a PC from scratch but since I'm on a budget I'm trying to find most of the parts on the 2nd hand market, so it's about availabilty. I found this motherboard and since I'm probably looking for a 6th/7th gen intel processor, I thought it would fit quite well : ). I haven't found one yet, so I'm still waiting, but I already got the RAM and GPU.

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

That GPU will work on any motherboard with a PCIe 16x slot in it. It would take a really old motherboard with the old AGP slot (irrc the name of it) for it not to even be able to be seen by the motherboard.

Your motherboard is from the kabylake intel generation so if you have a decent CPU in that board it would make a good pairing with a GTX 1060 6gb card.

As for compatibility in an ITX form factor I would be more interested in the case if it has the room for a GPU. For example if it only supports half height PCI cards then the 1060 6gb will not fit as it needs a full height. The width and length are other considerations too.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube