add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Motherboard doubts and case question

DixxieNormouss

4 days ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qHzL3b Hey guys so i was set on the x470 pro for a bit but I've seen several reviews of people having issues with it. Some with issues with PBO and harsher overclocks and others withfans just going off. Anyone have any insight on this, the board, or any suggestions? I mainly chose it because it seemed like a very decent board and I liked the color scheme and RGB.

As for the case, I love it. It looks amazing but I want to focus on air cooling but it seems to be made for liquid cool set ups. Anyone with any experience on air cooling this case? Fan set ups and such?

Comments

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

Check out these three X470 boards, which are my top three link here in order of best to good, Asrock Taichi, MSI Pro Carbon, ASUS Strix F

As to case, try something like on of these link here Cases with mesh front panels are your best bet.

Edit: Also check out the Patriot VPN100 link here 512GB M.2 NVMe drive with 512MB cache. Pretty darn close to samsung performance for less

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

I'll check out the boards. I'm pretty set on the case because it's sexy af and I've only heard good things about it. My concern right now is how people have their fans set up tog et ideas of what I can do.

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

Like most things theres a youtube video for that. Link here

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

I have no comment on the X470 Pro specifically but I've never had a bad experience with higher end Asus boards. They all seem have to plenty of features, great build quality and good VRMs. I haven't used nor researched this board in particular so I will leave that to someone else.

As for the case, yes, the PC-O11 is primarily geared for radiators but I currently use mine with only air cooling. I am using the stock Ryzen 7 2700X CPU cooler and I have 6 be quiet! SilentWings 3 PWM which push an enormous amount of air. My CPU stays nice and cool although it isn't overclocked.

The PC-O11 is a closed front panel so for the best results, you could consider something like the Fractal Designs Meshify C or Cooler Master H500M. I absolutely love this case though. Honestly, it is my favorite case that I've ever used. The build quality, the compatibility and the cable management is unreal. Plus, aesthetically, I love it.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/QkyXsY

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

I'm pretty set on the PC-011, its just so beautiful and everyone ahs nothing but good things to say about it. I'm more curious about set ups though. How do you have your fans set? I figure I'll make it a base to keep it off the floor and have some intake fans there intake on the side and exhaust top.

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

It's an awesome case, you won't be disappointed! I have my front fans as intake and rear fan as exhaust.

At the time of posting my build, the bottom fans were also intaking but that was a bad idea. It was basically blowing dust from the bottom straight into the GPU. My mistake. Since then, I have moved them into the inside portion and they are also intaking from the back to the front of the case. It's a little awkward because that inside section is absolutely meant for a radiator but the back panel does have holes right there so it is pulling a little bit of air into the case.

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I was concerned about that too, but figured i'd make the base with a screen to filter dust and then a magnetic dust filter on the bottom as well. Probably have to clean it pretty often but shouldnt be too bad i think

• 4 days ago
  • 1 point

Didn't mess with case, but changed to the Vulcan, cheap memory that does the job, the other changes were suggested above, went for the cheapest board (only due to a tie [ highest rating+most reviews for tiebreaker]) PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor $279.85 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Asus - ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard $186.47 @ OutletPC
Memory Team - T-Force Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $74.99 @ Newegg
Storage Patriot - VPN100 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $87.99 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB DUKE OC Video Card $530.00
Case Lian-Li - PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case $139.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair - TXM Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $67.98 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1407.27
Mail-in rebates -$40.00
Total $1367.27
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-17 18:38 EDT-0400
  • 4 days ago
  • 1 point

Awesome appreciate it. I'll definetly look more into it

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube