add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best headphones for Ear health

Gamezdude

4 months ago

I need a new pair of headphones and im concerned about my ear health based on the type of audio device.

From what I gathered, in ear are good because it cancels out most of the outside noise, so you will not need to turn the volume up. But it sends the sound directly into your eardrum which can be harmfull.

Headphones are the opposite of this. More volume needed but its not being sent directly into the eardrum.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

In regards to ear health, just make sure you're not listening to your music above 85dB (and ideally <80dB) and you will see little-no negative impacts. As long as you do this, you can use any headphones.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Depending on your budget, a good pair of noise cancelling headphones would be better than an in ear, particularly something along the lines of a Bose QC 35 (II), WH1000XM3 or (XM2), Sennheiser PXC 550 or a Bowers & Wilkins PX.

I personally use the WH1000XM3 which was a direct upgrade over my old in ear headphones. I can tell you that I don't have to turn it up anywhere near as loud as my old in ears. As a result, my tinnitus isn't as bad as before and has been improving ever since.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

quality ear buds/phones. will allow you to hear music at a lower volume to cheap ones.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube