add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
JayDSEA

5 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MCVMzY - this is the link to my current build. I plan on upgrading the GPU this fall. This site says that the increase for 1070 makes wattage: 359, 1070ti makes wattage: 389 and 1080 makes wattage: 389 as well. So my question is with a 550 W power supply would it be smart to buy a new psu as well or am i fine with the one I currently own. In response to make it easy you can just put " 1070 (1070ti, 1080) : Y or N" Thanks.

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

550W is plenty of wattage for all of the GPU's you listed. You could even use a RTX 2080 Ti.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're buying the 1070 new, by the way, Nvidia has new GPUs out which you can probably get cheaper, such as the GTX 1660 (Ti), RTX 2060 and RTX 2070.

AMD is also releasing new Navi GPUs apparently soonish, so possibly look at those too.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

if you can get a 600 watt for the same price as a 550w. then do it. that way in the future you have a good amount of breathing room.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

This PSU has plenty of wattage, even with a GTX 1080Ti on the above build.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube