add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

550w or 750w for ryzen 3000 and x570 board?

dudemclargehuge

6 months ago

I am just wondering if I should get the bigger PSU or not. Doesn't seem like i would totally need it. GPU is currently a gtx 970 but will eventually upgrade that in a couple years.

Will be using 32 gb of ram if that has any impact, no water cooling or anything just fans. Some rob but nothing crazy as I am using the NZXT h510i

Any help is appreciated Just trying to buy things in chunks rather than spending all the money in July

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

Depends on the model 3000 series and overclocking or not.

The dual chiplet models are really pulling a ton of power when overclocked 275w-300w by themselves or so motherboard manufacturers are saying.

So if You plan to buy a 12-16 core and overclock I would say Yes upgrade as that leaves very little headroom left for the rest of Your system.

If You don't plan on overclocking a higher core count model and are running one of those stock or staying to lower core counts then it shouldn't matter and 550w would be fine.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on the Exact CPU. I would say 8 cores or under you would fine the smaller PSU. But if you get a 12-16 core CPU than get the higher watt PSU. (also overclocking is a factor)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube