add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

ATH-M50x and V-MODA BoomPro

Frugert

4 months ago

I've made my decision on getting the ATH-M50x, however i need an external microphone and i'm interested in the V-MODA BoomPro. Since they connect to the headset through the 3.5mm jack and the ATH-M50x have a removable cable i was wondering whether these would be compatible. Only thing i've noticed is that the M50x has a locking mechanism inside and i'm not sure whether this will interfere with the mic.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I found the following review on Amazon that may be helpful:

I'm glad I came across this gaming headset because I had a perfect set of Audio Technicas that I wasn't using. As I mentioned in the headline, it is possible to get this mic to work if you are willing to put in a little bit of work. its not nearly as hard as I am about to describe the steps and additional piece that is needed.

First and foremost, this item (BoomPro) is a 3.5mm jack, and the M50x is a 2.5mm jack. so the jack won't even fit into the audio technica headphones. you will need to go to your local radio shack to find a 3.5mm fem to 2.5mm male adapter. as shown in my picture, you specifically need to get the BARREL fitment because the hole in the audio technicas where you would plug into the headset is a bit deep. another crucial and very important step that needs to be taken is the removal process of the locking mechanism that the m50x has. as all owners should know, the headphones allow you to remove the cable, but it comes with a special cable(s) where it makes you to twist and lock the cable so its snug and won't yank out. it is very simple, and if you type in the YouTube search " audio technica athm50x removing lock mechanism" someone posted a very easy tutorial on how to remove it so any 2.5mm jack can work with the headset. its as easy as removing 8 screws total, removal of the locking mechanism, then screws back on.

Also... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50NQ_z6fZGo

Might be helpful for more ideas...

Wonder if it's worth just spending the extra few bucks on a ATGM2

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube