add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

front headphone socket is too touchy

raythepurple

1 month ago

Hi. So by touchy I mean if I don't turn the headphone jack just right (very small window), there will either be no sound from the headset, or sound only comes from the right side. I know it's the computer and not the headset (cloud stinger) because I've tested the headset on another device it was fine and I've tested other headphones in this socket and it's the same deal. I have speakers plugged in the back and they're fine, it's just this front socket. Also the microphone socket is fine. I don't know if something is just loose or if something is damaged and needs repairing or replacing. Do I need a whole new case? Can I replace just this part of the case?

The system is an iBUYPOWER i-series 301 that I got several years ago.

Case: ARC 647 Mobo: MSI 760GMA-P34

if you need more spec info let me know. Thanks for any help.

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube