add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
iragealot

6 months ago

Can anyone recommend any good budget m.2 drives

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dNHRD2

Comments

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

The one you have is the highest rated, but here is an Intel for just over $100 (no budget was mentioned). if that is too much, a 512GB version is also here:

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
Storage Western Digital - Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $59.99 @ Amazon
Storage Intel - 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $62.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Intel - 660p Series 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $104.99 @ Walmart
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $227.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-02 18:33 EDT-0400
  • 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you. I shouldve made the budget clear, sorry about that, its my first build and i want it to be a good build.

• 6 months ago
  • 2 points

I might go for the 1TB 660p. I'm of the opinion that more SSD space equals more happiness and SSDs are cheap enough where you don't need to corners anymore. I'm running a 2TB 660p and it's pretty great. The WD Blue is fine, but it's still SATA drive, so limited to SATA speeds. The 660p hardly costs more and is NVMe so will be about 3x faster than a SATA drive. But that being said both SATA and NVMe SSDs are fast enough compared to HDDs that you hardly notice the difference.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Good choice, thanks

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

If you aren't doing sustained large writes to the drive, the 660p is kind of hard to beat at the moment. It's not the right drive if your daily workflow involves copying gigabyte files around, though. Most gaming rigs can run with a 660p just fine.

• 6 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah i was only using it as a boot drive and like 2 games

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube