add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Custom Cables Help

ThePuffingMoose

5 months ago

I'm needing to know which cables I need for this build. Also how would i know for future reference? I plan to do custom cables for this build. I'm just needing to know which cables i need so i don't end up buying the wrong ones or whatever.

Specs- CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i RGB PLATINUM Mobo: ASRock - X470 Taichi ATX AM4 Ram: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 SSD: Patriot - VPN100 512 GB Hard Drive: Seagate - Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Graphics Card: Asus - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB ROG Strix Gaming OC Video Card Case: DIYPC - DIY-Line-RGB ATX Mid Tower Case Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Extras: 3 Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB Fans

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Here's the link to CableMod's website filtered for the EVGA G3. Your choice on whether to go with a full kit, essential kit or individual cables based on what you're needing. Find the one that you want and then Google the product SKU found on the right-hand side. Should lead you to Amazon or an authorized reseller. CableMod does not sell directly unfortunately.

CableMod is not the only company, there are several I believe and some even do custom length if you want to go all-out.

https://cablemod.com/products/?filter_models=g3-g2-p2-t2

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Im wanting to customize each cable. I just need to know what cables i need. So for an example, 24 Pin, 8 Pin, etc etc.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

You'll basically want a full kit then? That will include everything that you'll need for a full build. CPU, GPU, x2 storage drives (SATA) and motherboard. You won't need Molex or a Floppy adapter like CableMod's full kit provides but it might be cheaper to just get a full kit rather than individually - not sure though.

1 x 24 Pin ATX Cable

2 x 4+4 Pin EPS Cable

2 x Dual 6+2 Pin PCI-e Cable

4 x 6+2 Pin PCI-e Cable

1 x Quad SATA Power Cable

1 x Quad SATA Power Cable

2 x Dual SATA Power Cable

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you. This is exactly what I was needing to know. Thank you so much!

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

CableMod does indeed sell directly. I ordered from their website last year, you just have to be patient for custom cables because they are manufactured in Bahrain. Took nearly a month to receive mine in Canada. They ship via DHL, which is usually a less than stellar courier experience IMO.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

Really?? I've never been able to access any form of "add to cart" or checkout on their website. If they do, I'm very glad about that.

• 5 months ago
  • 1 point

https://store.cablemod.com

There's a dark grey menu button top right of home page that's a bit hard to see because it's on a black border. You're presented with two choices: CableMod Global store for everyone and EU store for EU residents. Tap that menu button once more after your store choice and you'll see products, cable configurator, their back story and so on.. you'll see prices and a shopping cart icon beside menu button (top right) once you begin adding products to your cart.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube