add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
programm

5 months ago

I have this problem with all desktop PC's and laptop's. Currenty bought 3rd computer.

The housemate is [ accessing / using ] somehow my computer, ONCE I CLICK 'POWER' BUTTON, otherwise housemate is unable to use my computer. ( housemate dont have physical access; only remote way, via signals )

Very likely that housemate needs ( one of the following ): His device is being tracked, so uses my PC 'as a stop' to cover. His device is being sniffed or infected. So using my device, to rid off something.

So there should be far more advanced UEFI/BIOS options. Or maybe DOS have true commands to prevent computer to leave open connections? As in my case, firewall or airplane mode dont do a job, even disabling drivers - dont help.

In shorter:

I have bought 3rd computer from a store. Once I click 'power on' button, I tap F2 to enter BIOS. Entering password and staying in the BIOS. Thats enought to do ( even dont need to boot OperatingSystem ), and houseMate getting some kind of benefit from my laptop. I/O security inteface: all stuff selected as 'lock'. Does'nt help. I strongly suspect that laptop still leaves open connections, but they are not so visible.

Visual schema, to understand easier. https://ibb.co/mGbT4hh

Comments

• 5 months ago
  • 13 points

This reads as absolute nonsense.

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

What I was thinking

• 5 months ago
  • 6 points

I feel like I would be less confused if I read a book about nuclear physics in Russian. Please try to retype this since as it is we can't really make any sense of it.

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

I read through this about 4 times and I really, really dont know what the question is exactly. from what i can gather, this person thinks a roomate is accessing his computer. My questions @OP are why and how do you think your roomate is using your computer? I dont know why you think said roomate is using your computer remotely. even if they were, why do it? they obviously would need their own to do so.... unless you have sensitive information your roomate would want, why would they desire access to your computer? I'm failing to see motive here....

houseMate getting some kind of benefit from my laptop

...makes no sense without a reason. if you cant think of a good reason, then I think this is some kind of assumption you're making. also, the visual schematic does very little to alleviate our confusion to be honest. in the schematic, it says, "If I turn off laptop IphoneUser becomes hostile". who is IphoneUser? why are they hostile? do they live with you? if so, tell them to **** off.... I mean, I really think you may need to try explaining this a bit better.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Housemate (IphoseUser) waiting once I turn computer, ALWAYS. He probably think that all devices packets is being captured, instead my device.

I managed to get into housemate router once, scanned IP range, it even have attached -> HTTPS, Tunnel is ssl: unknown service.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm sorry, this is not a problem we can help you with really. I also have to assume that English is not your first language based on this . If you own the wifi router/modem device(s), then im sure you can figure out whats going on and fix it. if you do not, then there is not much we or even you can do that I know of. I also am not able to understand what you are saying very well either based on the severe lack of grammar. I do wish you the best of luck figuring out a solution.

• 5 months ago
  • 3 points

Try again. use simple language. don't overcomplicate. no visual things. i guess iphone user is the roommate? need to clarify. what benefit are they getting?

as far as i can see the main question is: "Is there an advanced security option to stop people from connecting remotely to my laptop."

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

yes.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

What proof do you have that this is happening? Honestly this reads like someone who's paranoid about security, but has no expertise and assumes that something is wrong.

If I understand right, you think your roommate is using your desktop as a vpn server to route his traffic through for his iphone?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm going to guess this is a non native English speaker.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

What language do you speak? Maybe you can post it in that language and we can translate it

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Dont use the same language in your topic, but walk over to your housemate and "ask him" questions

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube