add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CLONING FROM HDD TO SSD

adeoluy2k

14 days ago

if i clone my os etc from my hdd to ssd does it wipe the duplicate data from the old drive .....please also if you have experience recommend software that i can use and any tips that might help

Comments

• 14 days ago
  • 1 point

Try using Clonezilla, it has to be booted from a usb stick though

• 14 days ago
  • 1 point

thanks.....my other question is thisafter installing my ssd do i at any point have to remove the old drive for any reason[a video on youtube hinted this] and does the duplicate data get removed from the og drive

• 7 days ago
  • 1 point

Data remains on the source drive until you decide to wipe it. You can always wipe, reformat and leave it for additional storage after you've cloned and verified your files transferred to the SSD. (if your build/case supports it)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube