add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Final selection - any opinions on changes please?

wizzard1

3 days ago

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/N4Vv8Y

Have settled on this spec. Main points are: - Low video card required as not a Gaming machine. Main use professional (custom finance software), Home video edit, streaming etc. - Need full tower as I find it easier to work with and do not need a display case. - RGB not necessary - 32Gb for future proofing as well. Intend to keep this spec for 4 to 5 years at least. - Prefer a fan cooler over liquid cooling.

Views will be appreciated

Comments

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Definitely do not need a cooler that capable unless you plan on heavily overclocking that 3700X. You could get the Dark Rock 4 or Slim for less. Also, you don't need anywhere near that much power supply wattage to run that system. A 450 could handle it so go for a 550 or 650 if you'd like to be comfortable with some extra headroom. Given you're not playing games and hardware is only getting more efficient as the technology progresses, it is highly unlikely you'll ever need a 750W unit for your uses.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Many thanks. I will review the PSU requirement. My case will be in a limited airflow space and am thinking of getting cooling with that type of cooler. Also, may decide to overclock with limitations in the future.

Also, I have 6 HDD, 2SSDs and an Optical drive as well. This will increase the PSU load.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Hey have 5700 maybe

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

I'd shave some cost in the areas that ColdConduct said, and put that money into a better video card. Get one with 8GB of memory.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Go more with GPU even though I do not go for games?

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Oops, missed that, sorry! Then use the extra to get fast storage (that you will need).

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. Will be using M.2 and 2 SSDs as well as 5400 / 7200 HDDs.

• 2 days ago
  • 1 point

M.2 is an excellent choice! Good luck!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube