add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Shattered Tempered Glass

JCMsergox

1 month ago

As I was unscrewing the 4th thumbscrew on the tempered glass panel of my brand new Meshify C Mini, the whole thing suddenly exploded. Outside of a few small cuts on my fingers, I’m ok. Any theories on what caused this? PC hadn’t been running for the last 24 hours so it couldn’t have been temperature.

I emailed Fractal’s support, hopefully they’ll send me a replacement panel.

My theory is that since I didn’t bang it on anything and temperature couldn’t be a factor, I might have just gotten a dud.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

A lot of people have had their tempered glass panels pop because they had too much pressure on them while mounted, so that when they unscrewed it, it'd pop because of the pressure difference.

I don't really know the specifics/sciences of it, though, so I can't say for sure. But the panel "popping" reminded me of that.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

exploded

waitwutdafdidijustred

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Tempered glass breaks in it's entirety and shatters into a million little pieces in a fraction of a second, it's loud and thus why it's called popping or exploding

[comment deleted]
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I had AIO tubes pushing against the glass while it was in place, could that have something to do with it?

[comment deleted]
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Fractal said they'd replace the panel, so I guess we'll have to see if the second panel explodes. I've seen other people have their tubes mounted in a similar orientation, so I doubt it could be because of that.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube