add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Mini-Itx with dual 240 rad support?

Ryuneak

3 months ago

Are there any cases out there with reasonable dual 240mm radiator support? Preferably without external 5.25" drive bays and a glass side panel window?

So far, the only case I can find that is able to manage this is the Lian Li PC-Q37, but I'm wondering if there are better options out there. The Corsair 280x seems like it might fit dual 240 radiators, but I'm not entirely sure. If it does, I have no idea what radiator thicknesses people use.

The reason I'm making this request, is that I hope to eventually build a Ryzen 3900x + Nvidia 2080 ti system, and I think it would be fun to cram that much performance into a beautifully liquid cooled itx system.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

It will usually be slim line radiator in those sort of cases from builds I have seen.

The 280x from corsair is actually Micro ATX not Mini ITX, though to be fair, most Mini ITX cases which do dual 240mm radiator approch that size anyways.

Other cases I can think of, the Fractal Define S ITX version, supports dual 240mm (one up top and in front). Another is the Phanteks Evolv ITX which also supports dual 240mm.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright. Thanks for the reply.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Another one to look at is the Meshify C Mini

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Huh, that's actually not a bad case. Might look to it as a backup just in case the Q37 isn't available by the time I start building this PC.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I got the Corsair 280x because of its rad support, but be careful with this. It “supports” 3x 240 rads, but fitting all three, or even two, is tight. That said, with a Mini ITX board in the mATX case, you should be able to comfortably fit a dual rad, top and bottom setup without much difficulty.

Overall the case is a real joy to work with, but it does run hot.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I imagine it runs hot because of the tempered glass blocking any airways. Maybe I should just stick with the Q37 and find cleaner/nicer parts for liquid cooling like distro blocks and whatnot.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Looking at that case, I can't imagine it not having similar airflow issues. The Corsair is choked, but there is some room for airflow in each direction. There appears to be no room to breath up front on the Lian Li and they are both expensive cases.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, the top rad isn't obstructed, and as long as you raise the bottom of the case by a few centimeters, you can get fans under there to cool a slim radiator.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

That's true, but with my experimenting in the 280x case, I've found that the top ventilation is sufficient. The primary problem is the front choke point. You don't get much better thermals by removing the top glass, but you get a lot better thermals by taking off either the front or the side panel. Reviewers going through this case seem to get similar results.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd imagine, but I feel like the Q37 might be easier to work with and look a decent bit better. Neither the bottom intake or the top exhaust are cut off.

At this point, if it's the best case I can find, then I need to figure out if I can find distro plates for it and also see what LQ hardware I wanna use for it. So far I've chosen to go with the corsair ecosystem, but I'm not so sure that they're the best I can choose for both aesthetics and performance.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Go with a Louqe Ghost S1 with a top hat and bottom hat to accommodate the radiators. No glass, all vented panels, milled aluminum throughout.

If I were to do an ITX build now, this is the route I would go. It's pricey though - with 2 large top/bottom hats, your looking at about $370-ish. But you pay for small volume, all milled-aluminum construction.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

No glass and it's 370 USD? Pass.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

I misread your post - there is an option for either a non-vented or vented glass side panel. But not sure this is the type of case your looking for. This case is like a third of the size of the 280x - components are assembled around an internal spine, so the motherboard is viewable from one side, while the video card is seen from the other side. Not really for viewing all your components in one window.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Eh, not sure it would be my taste then. And it seems that glass option is rare since I have yet to see a video where they show the glass version of that case.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube