add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NZXT H500 Fan setup?

TO0OT

1 month ago

Hi,

I got an NZXT H500 and i have 5 fans. I wonder what is the best way to set up the fans in this case for intake and exhaust?

Note that in this case there is option for installing 1 fan top, 1 fan back & 2 fans in front.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

there is option for installing 1 fan top, 1 fan back & 2 fans in front.

Just like that. Set the 2 in front for intake, 1 up top and 1 back for exhaust.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

i thought about it but i saw some reviews mentioning that front will improve 1-2 deg c only.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Fan basics top, back exhaust, front, bottom, side intake.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

i agree about this basic guide but i think scenario will be different from case to another especially when there is no mesh in the front side.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

From the reviews on the case airflow I have seen it works best if your using the stock fans to just add a single 140mm in the front top position.

• 1 month ago
  • 0 points

This is more complicated than it sounds. Hear me out. 2 intake at the front is a must. Problem is exhaust. It is known that putting 1 at the top and 1 at the back at the same may (emphasis on may) negatively affect your exhaust, due to air being dispersed inside the case without going to the fans. You can try both and decide to use the 5th or not. One more thing; as H500 is a small case, type of your cooler is important also. If you are using a tower cooler with two fans, you don't even need a fan at the back as the exhaust fan of the cooler can directly send air out. In this case there is no harm in using extra exhaust fan at the back, but it increases the overall noise level.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

No just no.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

this case is a bit complicated especially when it is designed for negative pressure. i'm planning to use the stock r5 3600 cooler and in the future i might get a 240 aio.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube