add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Interesting Things To Put In A Case

JCMsergox

1 month ago

I've always seen people put interesting little knick-knacks in their cases, such as Lego figures, Funko Pops, etc. I have about 3 inches of clearance under my GPU, anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

put in a small LCD controlled by a Raspberry Pi, put thermal probes on your CPU, GPU, and VRMs, and make the Pi output temps

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I quite like system monitor screens!

If the OP is running Linux, it's possible to monitor some temps on an Arduino and screen - use bash to read the device files and send it over serial to the Arduino, where it gets displayed with C++. I know there's ways to do something similar with a GUI monitor program and a Raspberry Pi HDMI monitor on Windows, but I haven't done it myself.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I've considered this. I believe I have a Raspberry Pi lying around somewhere.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Something like that is a personalization thing, so it is probably best to ask that question of yourself. What do I enjoy? What can I put in this PC to make it seem to be more mine? If you do put something in make sure your secure it, ie. hot glue/double stick velco. You want to be able to move your PC for maintenance without the object tipping over and damaging a component.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Taxidermy

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Interesting you mention that, because I came across this the other day and had one of the better laughs I've ever had.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

What the actual **** lol.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Imagine living life as a Beaver to one day become a PC case.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Holy *, that is impressive and funny. She gets points for that project.

OP- Pick something that means something to you, or maybe its just funny, maybe just odd enough to warrant being there. I have an alien keychain in my kitchen that glows in the dark. Its been there so long I forget the story behind it now, but something about aliens scaring intruders away.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Dice

2x2x2 Rubik's Cube

I'm sure other ideas will come.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube