add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
hardmetal1
  • 4 months ago

Hopefully it can play new titles with good settings. I wanted to do medium/heavy gaming with current titles from this year and old ones, stream & record, fl studio. Windows 10. Is this too much for a $400 budget? Heck, If its possible to pay under $400, show me the builds. I want to start buying the cheaper parts Friday, and save the expensive parts for last.

You dont have to include monitors or speakers, I'll get that on my own.

As far as streaming and recording, I would want to stream and record my games but I dont know how much it would drop in frames.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, it's too much. If you need to stick to $400 then your best bet is a used / refurbished machine. Even a fairly marginal list for what you want looks like:

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor $169.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $69.99 @ Amazon
Memory OLOy 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $59.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $42.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card XFX Radeon RX 570 8 GB Video Card $159.89 @ OutletPC
Case DIYPC F2 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $40.86 @ Newegg
Power Supply SeaSonic S12III 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $44.99 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $99.95 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $688.45
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-08 18:43 EDT-0400

With Windows included, your budget is really $300, and you just can't get there. You can maybe find a deal on a used CPU, motherboard, or PSU and knock off $50 or so. I'd go used / refurbished.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you pm a link of some used or refurbished PCs you would recommend that would fit what I put in the description?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

If I get enough free time to poke around, which seems unlikely, I'm afraid...

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

It's enough to get started using the integrated Radeon Vega 3 graphics but hopefully you can upgrade sooner then later.

Suggested future upgrades are additional 120mm case fans, 2TB of mechanical storage, another 8GB RAM, a RX 570/580 video card and a Ryzen 5 2600 or better.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Athlon 200GE 3.2 GHz Dual-Core Processor $56.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $69.99 @ Amazon
Memory Team Vulcan 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $41.99 @ Newegg
Storage Sabrent Rocket 256 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $39.98 @ Amazon
Case Thermaltake Versa H15 MicroATX Mid Tower Case $29.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA GD (2019) 600 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply $59.99 @ Amazon
Total (before mail-in rebates) $413.88
Mail-in rebates -$15.00
Total $398.88
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-08 18:49 EDT-0400
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Can I play current games and if I can, what settings? Also, what would you predict for the fps?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

It should technically play any current games on low to medium settings at 30+ FPS 1080p or higher depending on the game. You can search Youtube for gaming tests with the AMD Athlon 200GE. Example.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

What about recording, streaming, two monitors, and fl studio?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Fl studio will run fine on any modern PC.

As for streaming and recording, you'll probably have to use low settings.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13660/amd-athlon-200ge-vs-intel-pentium-gold-g5400-review/7

Two Monitors should be fine as long as you're not gaming on both of them simultaneously.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

So basically this is a good starter PC?

Can you link me the parts you said that I should upgrade?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

This is about as close to your budget as I can get... it might be possible to get ebay or open box deals on a Ryzen 5 1600 and a RX 570 or RX 580 GPU for about $75 each but that would still be a bit over-budget

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor $119.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $59.89 @ OutletPC
Memory G.Skill NT Series 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $31.99 @ Newegg
Storage Kingston A400 240 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $31.99 @ Amazon
Case DIYPC F2 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $34.59 @ Newegg
Power Supply Raidmax XT 300 W ATX Power Supply $22.99 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $99.89 @ OutletPC
Keyboard AmazonBasics KU-0833 +MSU0939 Wired Standard Keyboard With Optical Mouse $14.56 @ Amazon
Total (before mail-in rebates) $425.79
Mail-in rebates -$10.00
Total $415.79
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-09 15:37 EDT-0400

your first upgrade from this would be a psu (probably 550 W and bronze rating or better) and a dedicated mid range GPU and maybe a case to fit the GPU

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

my mistake, this board requires an m key m2 like this one, +$8 to above build

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

It doesn't require..., it will work very well with a 3.5" or a M.2 SSD drive as well.

The above build needs some more fine tuning.

The Ram is the slowest you can go for an APU processor, and not good enough even if you upgrade the processor and add a dedicated GPU.

And that PSU is the second worst choice of the build.

So you pay over $400 and at least the one part should be replaced ASAP.

You will change the CPU with a better one in the long run anyway, so at least keep some parts to a decent standard.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor $79.95 @ Amazon
Motherboard ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $69.99 @ Newegg
Storage ADATA SU635 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $44.99 @ Amazon
Case DIYPC F2 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $34.59 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $64.99 @ Amazon
Keyboard Logitech MK120 Wired Slim Keyboard With Optical Mouse $14.99 @ Newegg
Total $409.45
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-09 16:18 EDT-0400
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

you didn't add RAM...

I would stick with the 2400G it has SMT while the 2200G doesn't. Which will be better for streaming and it shouldn't bottleneck mid-range gaming cards, so I wouldn't see the definite need to upgrade the CPU with the introduction of a GPU.

The psu has some reviews, none the fireball cpu death kind so it would be worth the risk in my opinion (at this budget), majority of the issues are fan related... and it has a 2 year warranty... but if the risk is too great to OP, SeaSonic S12III 450W @ $44 is more in line with the budget.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah i forgotten the Ram. lol

The SeaSonic S12III 450W is definitely the better choice.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

A low budget is no excuse for a bad power supply choice - even temporarily, you should never cheap out of the power supply by getting a bad or unknown unit. It can literally put your build up in smoke. It's never worth putting a build at risk of damage with a inferior power supply just to save a few bucks. Start with a quality Power Supply that you will stick with for the entire build and enough wattage to start with. It's no fun upgrading your video card or something else, and then needing a whole new power supply to go with it.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Just about every PSU I've looked at over the past year has issues you can find if you read the reviews. Budget dictates what you buy and what you are willing to risk. Its up to OP.

upgrading and tinkering with the CPU build is part of the fun to me... I understand if others don't see it the same as me.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Raidmax has a horrible reputation, almost as bad as Logisys and Apex. Reputations are earned, they're not handed out. Raidmax's OEM is Andyson and most of their PSU's are complete garbage which run out of ATX12v specifications and have terrible voltage regulation. I can not recommend Raidmax, or use one in my build personally even if it was free. It's a risk I'm unwilling to take and neither should you. That Raidmax model also has a short two year warranty so that should also be taken as a warning.

A EVGA BT or Seasonic S12III would be the lowest I'd go for a very low budget. Heck, I'd even feel more comfortable with a EVGA 100-N1-0400-L1 than the Raidmax power supply.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

LOL while you were explaining great reasoning concerning power supplies this price drop just came up on newegg

SeaSonic 520 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

$41.98 at Newegg -- Alert Price: $64.87 -- Base Price: $59.99 -- Shipping: $1.99 -- Rebate: $20.00 mail-in rebate

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube