add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need Assistance with PC Upgrades

Bfking23

1 month ago

I've decided to upgrade my PC and need to do some major changes including new motherboard, GPU and CPU. I'm looking for someone who would be willing to help me find what I'm looking for and also have some patience with someone who doesn't know the ins and outs of all the components. If there is anyone who is willing to assist me, I can give my discord name or what ever is easiest to chat on so we can discuss what I'am going to be looking at and what parts I will need to purchase. I can give pictures of my current system or anything else that is needed, but it would be greatly appreciated if there was someone who could personally help with these upgrades. thanks in advance to anyone who decides to help.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

What's your current system? Let's dig in..... I am feeling good about this upgrade, very good.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Okay, this is the current system I'm running -

CPU - i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz

Motherboard - MSi B150M Bazooka

RAM - 8GB Hyperx Fury

GPU - XFX Radeon RX 470

PSU - be quiet Pure Power 9 500W

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

I'm looking to go to an AMD based system now, as people have been saying it's a better option for pricing and performance

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Do you know the speed of your ram? It's probably DDR4 2133 ?

What is your budget?

What hard drives or SSD's are you using now?

To check the speed of your ram,

1 right-click on the taskbar and click on task manager,

2 then click performance tab at the top,

3 then click on the memory tab at the left side

Then you will see the speed of your ram below the graph on the right side.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

ram is DDR4 2133, 256Gb SSD and 1Tb hard drive and my budget is about $900 Australian

Main focus is the motherboard, cpu and gpu at the moment

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Ok ty let me see what I can come up with.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Alright sounds good

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Ok if your case will take an atx motherboard and your power supply is good. This set up will put you in a spot to be competitive now and plenty of ability to upgrade quite a bit in the future.

Use your current, HDD/SSD, Monitor, Keyboard/Mouse, and PSU and this is your set up.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $249.00 @ PCCaseGear
Motherboard MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard $149.00 @ Centre Com
Memory Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $119.00 @ Centre Com
Video Card Sapphire Radeon RX 590 8 GB PULSE Video Card $338.80 @ Newegg Australia
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $855.80
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-10 15:16 AEDT+1100
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

That’s about good

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Ok, thank you very much, I might have to go to a micro-atx board and I was already looking at an ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2060, 6GB, but I'm not sure if that will work?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

With a max board, you shouldn't need to worry about the bios so disregard compatibility issues.

Try this! Upgraded CPU then and still under budget

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $299.00 @ Shopping Express
Motherboard MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $99.00 @ Shopping Express
Memory Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $119.00 @ Centre Com
Video Card Sapphire Radeon RX 590 8 GB PULSE Video Card $338.80 @ Newegg Australia
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $855.80
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-10 16:47 AEDT+1100
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

So could I put any gpu I wanted with the motherboard? And also does the my current ram have to change as well?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I would upgrade your ram. Check the length and height requirements of your case and what GPU's will fit in a case. What GPU would you like? PCpartpicker site shows if there are compatibility issues with board and card. But since your using your old case then you need to find out the height and width requirements for a GPU that will fit.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I've already measured the Geforce RTX 2060 and it fits well inside the case, I just was confused on what brands of gpu and ram you can use with a motherboard, but it's only the cpu and motherboard that have to be the same brand, isn't it? Also after having a look at the case it does seem to support a larger mother board, which I'm guessing is an atx size

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube