add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Want to build my first pc, but getting married so I am putting parts on the registry.

theroguewarlord

1 month ago

Hey everyone, this would be my first build and even with how much research I have put into this I have no idea what I am doing. I do know that I want a desktop that is a mid-tower that runs on amd rayzen 7 and what ever is the equivalent radeon part. I also want a solid cooling friendly tower that is red, black or both, but that is about it. I know more ram is good, and having a terabyte is the smallest you realistically need but should shoot for more.

I am not too big on the RBG craze because I think its unnecessarily drawing power so parts really dont need it for this list. (can someone actually tell me if rgb actually takes more power? I want to save on my energy bill)

And again this list would be going on a wedding registry so today's pricing is not really a concern but more or so the part itself. Realistically lets put the price point around $1500.

Also no keyboard, mouse or monitor are needed so that does not need to go into the budget.

I greatly appreciate anyone for their suggestions, advice and time helping me.

Cheers.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

RGB does not take a significant amount of power, so you don't need to worry about that.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $327.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 GAMING X ATX AM4 Motherboard $169.99 @ Amazon
Memory Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $67.98 @ Amazon
Storage Crucial P1 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $66.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Seagate Barracuda 3 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $79.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card $499.99 @ Newegg
Case NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case $69.98 @ Amazon
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $74.98 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $99.89 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1487.48
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $1457.48
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-15 23:08 EDT-0400
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

thank you so much for clearing that up for me and your time compiling a list.

• 26 days ago
  • 2 points

maybe like 6 rgb fans will take like 1-5 Watts so XD

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I went back one generation to an AMD Ryzen 2 CPU. It is the same one I use in my video editing and gaming system and it works great.

This is a liquid cooled system, so it should be able to get the most power from that CPU.

The Motherboard I chose is a perfectly fine option. I prefer MSI and Corsair for all of my components, so you will see a pattern of the same brands in this build. If you need WIFI included in your system, I have the MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC which has a WIFI card built in. It is a little bit more expensive though.

Fitting with my Corsair brand loyalty, I chose their Vengeance LPX RAM. I have this set in my system and it has not given me any troubles with my 2700. It runs full speed just fine.

I included a new, blazing fast Corsair M.2 SSD drive for quick boot up and program operation. In addition, I chose a slower-but-higher-capacity HDD from Western Digital (my choice for HDD brands). I am sure the 3TB Seagate Barracuda drive in AnonymousUser99's build is good too. I just prefer WD. It has plenty of space to last a long time storing files.

GPU was just the best MSI Nvidia card I could find once I built the rest of the list.

Corsair case. Has some good features for the price. The Corsair Power Supply I included is big enough to accommodate bigger upgrades down the road, so that's nice.

Hope this list helps!

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor $169.89 @ OutletPC
CPU Cooler Corsair H115i PRO 55.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $139.31 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard $108.98 @ Newegg
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $143.99 @ Amazon
Fast Storage Corsair MP600 Force Series Gen4 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $189.99 @ Amazon
Large Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $112.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB VENTUS OC Video Card $409.89 @ OutletPC
Case Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower Case $89.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $94.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $99.89 @ OutletPC
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1604.80
Mail-in rebates -$45.00
Total $1559.80
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-18 01:04 EDT-0400
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

thank you for your advice and taking the time for your list. I too like the corsair brand, and actually did not know that the motherboard needed wifi capability. So thank you again for educating me on that

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

You can get a board without WIFI too. Connecting that to internet requires a hard connection though (network cable from your router to your computer). All motherboards have the connection for that.

If you get a board without WIFI built in, you can get PCI-E WIFI cards, like these:

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/wireless-network-card/

I am not sure which one is good or not, so I would ask around the forums if you decide to go with this method. I believe the advantage is that it allows for faster connections when you have a dedicated card. But that may not be the case. Again, just ask on some of the other topics like networking to get a solution.

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

thank you.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube