add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

how would i put another hard drive into my case?

Potatogamer1230

28 days ago

I got a new hard drive from one of my friends recently and I want to put it in my computer. I have the thermaltake versa h17 and it only has 1 3.5 hdd slot. Is there anyway I would be able to put the new hdd in there without it rolling around and possibly breaking?

Comments

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

So I'm assuming you're already using the 3.5inch bay (you didn't specify). Sure there's a way. You could always secure it with some velcro straps to secure it in place. Or do any one of a half a dozen improvisations.

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

I failed to realize that my case actually does have a second place another hdd, thanks for suggestions.

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

I can't say its recommended but I have put them in DIY. I have a ssd in a sff that is just sitting there more or less, It is secured with ziptie and padding on one end so it can't leave that spot. The only place in that old PC is where the floppy drive would have been (it didn't come with one), but it must have used a special bracket I don't have. I secured it so it can't contact any electronics/etc but is open so it can cool. It is better if you can get a drive cage or drive mount and use that, mount the cage in your PC someplace then you can slide the drive in, that is easier and better idea. I could not because this sff mounted the floppy from the front case hole and there is nothing behind it to mount on. I have seen people Velcro drives in PCs, usually in the bottom where they can't really go anywhere. Again its much better to have a mount of some kind, even if you chop out part of a cage to use.

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

I failed to realize that my case actually does have a second place another hdd, thanks for suggestions.

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

The case specks say 2 slots.

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

yeah, I forgot it has another one. Thanks.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube