1 month ago
My gaming PC is getting on in age and nowadays struggles even on older games (WoW on med settings; Minecraft with a high view distance).
I’m not sure whether I need to build a new PC or if a simple upgrade or two will fix it – the below are my goals and constraints:
• Intended use: Gaming (purely gaming). I’d like to be able to play existing games at high/max settings, and new AAA titles coming out over the next 3 years on at least med/high settings, before needing to upgrade GPU again. Specific games I want to play are: WoW (max settings), The Outer Worlds, Cyberpunk 2077, Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden, Hitman 2.
• Country: Denmark (DKR) or Germany (EUR); whichever offers better value-for-money.
• Budget: EUR 600 max (excluding monitor); however value-for-money parts is really important for me. For example: even if my budget would have room for a GPU which is €200 more expensive for 10% increased performance, I would prefer to save the €200 and accept 10% less performance.
• Resolution: 1080p.
• Important preferences: Noise is an important factor to me, so much so that I will pay extra for quiet parts. It’s important that the recommended parts work together to create a quiet machine once done.
• Mandatory upgrades: Case (as I hate my current case; and also to ensure I achieve a quiet build as above). Also SSD (need 500GB SSD).
• OS: Windows 10 64-bit (I already have this, so do not need to buy).
• Peripherals needed: Monitor (outside budget). This is the one part where I’d prefer to spend more for something nicer, as I expect to use it for many years. I’m open to suggestions for your favourite 1080p monitors. My existing monitor is a Samsung Syncmaster P2250(G), and my irritations with it are that: it is too small (21.5”) and it is not height-adjustable. Are curved monitors the way to go?
• Parts that can be re-used: These are the parts in my existing PC. Which are worth re-using (e.g. MOBO/CPU/HDD) and which new components should I get?
|CPU||Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Processor||-|
|Motherboard||Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard||-|
|Memory||Corsair XMS3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1333 Memory||€54.99 @ Corsair DE|
|Storage||SanDisk SSD PLUS 120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive||€34.00 @ Amazon Deutschland|
|Storage||Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive||€144.00 @ Amazon Deutschland|
|Video Card||MSI GeForce GTX 1050 2 GB Video Card||-|
|Power Supply||EVGA BR 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply||-|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit||-|
|Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts|
|Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-10 16:40 CET+0100|
EDIT: I should add under "Preferences", that I do NOT want to overclock. So not really interested in unlocked CPUs (unless of course same or lower price as locked).
Thanks a lot for your help and input. I really appreciate it!