add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Entry level pc build for rainbow six siege

apb200431

24 days ago

Hello I am new to pc gaming. I play on xbox right now and mainly play rainbow six siege. I would like to make the switch to PC and build one that can run rainbow six siege at rate that can optimize the game better than if it were on xbox. Whatever parts that you guys think are best I would appreciate. Like the right cpu, GPU, memory, etc. My price range is between 400- 600 dollars.

Comments

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

USA?

OS/extras needed?

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

In in the us but what do you mean by OS or extras

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

Monitor, mouse, mousepad, speakers, and keyboard.

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

I already have those things ready and know what I want to buy i was just looking for recomendations on parts for the pc

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor $119.00 @ Amazon
Motherboard ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $72.98 @ Amazon
Memory Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $59.99 @ Newegg
Storage Silicon Power A55 512 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $47.99 @ Amazon
Case Fractal Design Focus G Mini MicroATX Mini Tower Case $50.01 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $49.99 @ Corsair
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $399.96
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-10 21:35 EST-0500

$400

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $117.68 @ Amazon
Motherboard ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $72.98 @ Amazon
Memory Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $59.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $95.99 @ Amazon
Video Card Sapphire Radeon RX 570 4 GB PULSE Video Card $143.98 @ Newegg
Case Fractal Design Focus G Mini MicroATX Mini Tower Case $50.01 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $59.99 @ Amazon
Total $600.62
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-10 21:36 EST-0500

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

Thankyou so much

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

How much fps do you think I would get with this setup

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

Does the core processor have some sort cooling fan with it or will that need to be added to the list

• 21 days ago
  • 1 point

The Cpu will have a fan included with it

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6TXBZf

Best you're going to get, if you're playing at 1080p you'll get how ever many frames your monitor can display in R6. The M.2 SSD will allow you to load everything on the PC (including Windows and R6) really fast.

Enjoy

• 24 days ago
  • 2 points

Ok, but why an ATX case with an mATX motherboard? Changed case and increased storage to 500GB, on general principles:

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor $99.12 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $72.98 @ Amazon
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $59.99 @ Newegg
Storage Team L5 LITE 3D 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $49.97 @ Amazon
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB DUAL EVO OC Video Card $229.99 @ Amazon
Case Deepcool MATREXX 30 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $34.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $49.99 @ Corsair
Total $597.03
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-11 12:37 EST-0500

Yes, the CPU comes with a cooler. It's not a great cooler but it's good enough. There's no need to overclock (i.e. run the CPU faster than manufacturer's rated speed) for R6 so don't worry about all that.

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

Why a mATX mobo in ATX case? Lol, they fit together, they're compatible, so if it saves money then it's good.

As far as storage - OP needs space for windows, a browser, drivers, and a single game. I'd rather have a slightly smaller M.2 NVMe that's much faster for those needs if it were me.

• 24 days ago
  • 2 points

Seems to me that the mATX case is the one that saves money.

The NVMe drive isn't going to be noticeably faster than the SATA. It might save a second or even two off of boot times. If OP is sure that nothing else will ever land on the computer, that's fine; my experience is that if you build with tight storage you'll fill it for sure.

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

Thankyou if you can see the list for the parts do you think the CPU has a cooling fan or something attached to it

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

Pretty much every Ryzen CPU comes with a cooler that you do have to install, but it's very easy. These coolers get the job done too, unless doing some pretty extreme overclocks.

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

Thankyou, and what do you mean by overclocks

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

You can increase the wattage from the power supply to your CPU (among other things) to help it run at faster speeds. It's fairly technical, sort of hard to explain. What I can say is:

More power running through the CPU = more heat, and you'll want better cooling if you have more heat than you're comfortable with. You don't have to worry about any of this though lol

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

Alright thanks for your help

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

This is the best one .

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube