add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Upgraded gaming pc with parts reused from the old build

zool

26 days ago

Hi, Im looking to upgrade my PC, possibly reusing parts from my current PC to reduce the cost. My current PC, with parts that i think are still OK:

• Intel Core i5-4460 -> to be replaced
  • SilentiumPC Fera 3 Cooler -> can still be used
  • Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 -> to be replaced
  • Crucial 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz CL9 -> to be replaced
  • GIGABYTE GTX 1060 6GB -> can still be used
  • XFX Core TS 550W SLI -> can still be used (if the wattage is enough)

I have 2 SSD-s and one HDD, so that can be reused too. So basically what i would want to replace:

• Mobo
  • CPU
  • RAM
  • Case
  • PSU and Cooler (If those that i have will not be enough)

Other info:

Thank you for all the help and insights.

Comments

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

How big do you want it to be? Like case size? Jak duży ma być? Jak rozmiar skrzynki?

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

Normal ATX is fine, im not really concerned about the size

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

Ok, just making sure its the size you want. Hope you consider my list for your upgrades

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

I thinks this is good parts list, has 8 cores overclockable * can take alot (if you wanted to upgrade your gpu)

Thine Part list

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

I was also thinking about Ryzen 5 3600 instead of Ryzen 7 2700, what are your opinions on that? And will my current PSU be enough to handle this? Its the same wattage as the one you proposed

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

Whats psu rated at, and well the 3600 is a bit faster at stock, but it has 6 cores, whilethe 2700 has 8 cores and can be overclocked to 4.2 and possible higher. Plus the 2700 is cheaper.

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

PSU is 80+ Bronze rated. And the last question, i heard the M.2 NVMe drives can be quite nice and fast, is it worth to get one for the OS and couple of most used programs, and will it fit on the mobo?

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

Yes! takes less space in the case and if your motherboard supports it, which almost every motheboard today does,rhen yes. You get a 240gb m.2 drive for about 123.94 pln, there pretty good for booting anything up.

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

Allright, thanks for all the help :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube