add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Super Powered Graphics Computer $1600 budget

greatputon@gmail.com

26 days ago

Hey everyone,

I'm new here and really appreciate the help!

I have a budget of $1600 and am looking to build a really high powered graphics computer for the budget allowed.

Some of the things that I would like...

CPU - Not fully schooled on the best CPU's out there today so I'm all ears.

M.2 capable motherboard

M.2 chip with as much memory as possible for the budget - Samsung 970 Evo 1TB? I do prefer Samsung but if there's an equivalent brand that equals the quality of the Samsung EVO brand, then I'm open to suggestions

64GB of RAM

1-2TB SSD Hard drive

The best Graphics card that I can get to fit within this budget

Case

Power Supply

Thanks for all of your help and suggestions!! I am capable of putting all parts of this system together myself, but choosing the best parts for the budget is where I need the help because I'm not up on the current specs for computer parts right now.

Thanks again! Jason

Comments

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

What is the build intended to? Game? Work? (50/50) (80/20)?

For instance, if its just for gaming those 64gb of ram don't make any sense, even if its for some light work, and saving there the build could be optimized in other way.

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

It's strictly for graphics work. No gaming.

If you think the build can be optimized in a better way then I'm open for suggestions. We are looking for as much speed as possible. We would definitely want no less than 32GB of RAM though.

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $307.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI B450M MORTAR MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $~90.00
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory $129.99 @ Newegg
Storage Sabrent Rocket 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $249.98 @ Amazon
Video Card EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card $683.98 @ Newegg
Case Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case $44.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply BitFenix Whisper M 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $94.57 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1621.50
Mail-in rebates -$20.00
Total $1601.50
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-11 10:26 EST-0500

I've opted for a mAtx form.

If I were to choose, I would do something close to this.

Hope this help

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

Thanks so much for your time and help!

• 26 days ago
  • 1 point

What kind of programs do you use for graphics work?

If you're talking about renderers and such, 64 GB RAM may be a tad overkill.

• 25 days ago
  • 1 point

Anything from simple vector artwork to video processing.

• 25 days ago
  • 1 point

Any particular programs?

• 25 days ago
  • 1 point

Here's what I got. Regular ATX build, although it's a 2700x instead of 3700x to allow for 2tb SSD, 64gbs of ram and 2080 SUPER. If you can spare another 50 bucks you can get the MSI Gaming X Trio 2080S, which is a really nice card. Jpereirafrsilva's build is good, I just thought I'd try and tick the 64gb box without really compromising and I think I did? but the 2700x is a fair bit less powerful than the 3700x, I guess it depends on the application

Enjoy

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube