add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Upgrading current streaming/gaming pc

metalshredder24

23 days ago

Hello all, so the pc I currently have is https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MRZCI25/ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I’m looking at upgrading it this Black Friday/cyber Monday due to sales happening. Was thinking about putting a ryzen into it as well as maybe getting a 2070 card. Is there anything else you would upgrade or change in the build and should I upgrade my motherboard? I have no issues scalping things from this pc and building a new one if that is a better option. The pc is used heavily for streaming and gaming with some video editing my budget is preferably under 1k the lower the better so if I need to split my upgrades up over time that’s no issue I just would like better performance because as of right now I get the occasional encoding overloads which I’m pretty sure is due to cpu. Thank you!

Comments

• 23 days ago
  • 1 point

Here is the upgrades I would suggest.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor $189.59 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard $110.99 @ Amazon
Storage PNY CS900 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $27.99 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB Video Card $489.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $59.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $878.55
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-12 12:40 EST-0500

Before anything else I would get the SSD and move Windows to that. That alone is going to feel like an upgrade. After that is you need to pick to upgrade the CPU/Motherboard or GPU. Upgrading the CPU/Motherboard will help you with streaming and video editing. Before updating anything else I would upgrade the PSU. Unless you know what power supply that is, it is likely a fairly low quality unit.

• 23 days ago
  • 1 point

Perfect this exactly what I was looking for ty! Just out of curiosity that ryzen is better than the intel I have in currently by a decent amount yeah?

• 23 days ago
  • 1 point

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7700-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-2700X/3887vs3958

For the gaming side if things it not going to change much for you. As you can see form the user benchmark, which like gaming favors single core speed. However for anything that will make use of more threads, like video editing, the 2700X runs circles around the 7700.

Plus depending on how long you stretch your upgrades out, you may find that a Ryzen 3700x is a better choice, or even something newer. I suggested the 2700X because of the unbeatable price they right now.

• 22 days ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for explaining this, much appreciated!

• 22 days ago
  • 1 point

No problem.

• 23 days ago
  • 1 point

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jbdV7T

This will be really easy, too. It's basically a new build with someone having done cable management for you already.

Anyways, that 2700x will be great for streaming, and the cooler it comes with is beautiful. The new mobo allows for better ram and storage, both of which are included.

Additionally, you're getting a 2070 Super which is... a crushing upgrade from a 1070 to say the least. Enjoy.

• 23 days ago
  • 1 point

Really appreciate this man thank you!

• 23 days ago
  • 1 point

No problem man

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube