add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
sQu1rTz

24 days ago

Hello,

I’m looking for some input on a gaming build. I’ve been thinking about making the switch from console to PC and I’m not necessarily new to PCs. It’s just been awhile since I looked into them.

Location: GA, USA Budget: ~$2500 (monitor, mouse, keyboard included)

I will mostly be playing COD and other FPS games. I would like to run a 1440p UltraWide monitor without losing FPS performance. Maybe get into streaming down the road but not a huge concern right now.

After spending the last month or so browsing around/researching here is what I know I for sure want.

Case: NZXT H510i CPU: i7-9700K CPU Cooling: NZXT kracken m62 rev2 GPU: RTX 2070 Super/RTX2080 Super (no clue about manufacturers/brands) Monitor: Alienware AW3418DW Color Theme: White, Red & Black *no Wi-Fi needed will utilize ethernet

As for everything else I’m lost on. I would greatly appreciate any and all input.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Comments

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the quick reply. Again, I’m new to building but I’ve seen a lot of people on here have 2 SSDs (1 for boot and other for games, docs, etc.). If I were to go this route what would you recommend GB/TB wise for each? Could I get away with 1TB for now and possibly upgrade to 2 when needed down the road?

Also, what other manufacturers do you recommend? Just curious which are the best in terms of quality, price performance to give myself some options.

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

A 1TB M2+240GB 2.5" SSD only cost about $120-$140 nowadays anyway.

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

Generally it’s an SSD for booting and then a hard drive for mass storage. Considering your budget though it’s not necessary to have a hard drive if you can deal with 1tb of storage. If you need more then you may have to change a bit to suit you.

• 24 days ago
  • 1 point

Although your monitor did take up $600 of your budget and you could get an equivalent for $400-500

• 22 days ago
  • 1 point

Ok cool I’m sure this will change. Especially with Black Friday/cyber Monday coming up and what deals I can find.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube