add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can anyone improve on this budget build?

paulosc

29 days ago

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/paulosc/saved/#view=TTX8Mp Please feel free to add improvements. Budget cannot exceed £600

Comments

• 29 days ago
  • 2 points

List is private..

• 29 days ago
  • 1 point

Oops!

• 29 days ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor £119.00 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard £69.18 @ Aria PC
Memory G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory £53.67 @ Amazon UK
Storage Kingston A2000 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive £55.98 @ Amazon UK
Video Card Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB Twin Fan Video Card £215.49 @ Box Limited
Case Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case £38.04 @ Amazon UK
Power Supply Corsair CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply £52.97 @ Amazon UK
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £604.33
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-14 13:37 GMT+0000
  • 29 days ago
  • 2 points

I like this build. Nice use of the budget.

• 29 days ago
  • 1 point

Thanks Gap. I am a noob when it comes to this stuff so i have no idea if this is good or not! I always see people adding fans etc, do i need to on this build or will this be ready to go if i have all these parts? Also is this easy to put together for a beginner?

• 29 days ago
  • 1 point

No problem, I shall explain my choices a bit for you so hopefully you understand it more.

CPU: 2600X has 6 cores and comes with a better stock cooler than the non X version. 6 cores is perfectly fine for gaming and general use. The 2700 that you selected has 8 cores and would be better for streaming or heavy multi-tasking.

MOBO: basic, but has all the features you need for general use.

Memory: with ryzen you want at least 3000 or 3200 speed with CAS 16.

Storage: M.2 NVME is about the same price as (M.2) SATA these days, so might as well go for faster speeds even though you prob won't notice it if you don't transfer big files.

GPU: 1660 super is by far the best value card right now. Outperforms the RX 590 and runs way cooler and more power efficient.

Case: This case comes preinstalled with 1 exhaust fan, so ideally you would want to add two 120mm fans for intake. Alternatively, you can pick the fractal design Focus G. This case has better airflow as it comes with two preinstalled intake fans so you would only have to add one fan for exhaust:

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
Case Fractal Design Focus G Mini MicroATX Mini Tower Case £46.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk
Case Fan Fractal Design FD-FAN-SSR3-120-WT 46.5 CFM 120 mm Fan £6.98 @ Amazon UK
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £53.97
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-14 17:05 GMT+0000

PSU: reliable brand and 450W is all you need since the 1660 is not a power hungry card. Chose bronze rated instead of gold to keep the cost down.

Lastly this build should be relatively straight forward to put together if you follow the included manuals and/or watch some youtube vids;) Good luck!

• 29 days ago
  • 1 point

You are a hero. Thank you so much, especially for explaining it in a way a novice like me can understand. The way you've explained it makes it a lot clearer to me now. If i could give you 10 upticks i would!

• 29 days ago
  • 1 point

I forgot to mention that i would actually be streaming. Not high end games but flash games like poker and roulette etc. I have a gambling channel on youtube. Would you still recommend the 2600X?

• 29 days ago
  • 2 points

the 2600X would be fine, since that would be very little use of the GPU.

• 29 days ago
  • 1 point

Well seeing as you both have recommended it now i may just go with that. I have nothing else to compare it to and I assume it would be a massive improvement to my tortoise laptop i have now :D

• 29 days ago
  • 2 points

Hm that's tricky. I am not a big expert regarding the needed specs for streaming, so maybe someone else could give you advice.

If i had to guess I would say its better to be on the safe side and opt for the ryzen 7 2700(X). The extra cores would also come in handy in for your youtube work. However to stay whithin your budget, you would have to do some cost cutting elsewhere. And considering you dont play heavy games, I would downgrade the GPU. Actually the gtx 1650 super is coming out in about 10 days and the amd rx 5500 in 20 days. Both are more entry level gpus expected to be around 150 euro price point. So if you can wait it out it's definitely worth it imo.

• 29 days ago
  • 1 point

I may just take your advice or see if i can find a few shillings down the back of the sofa. Cheers bud!

• 29 days ago
  • 1 point

I hope you like it. you got better RAMs, SSD, bigger Case with good airflow and Faster GPU that you can stream with it and encode videos. https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/VfJjp8

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

That looks awesome loco, thank you very much. I will take this build to the facebook group for a second opinion along with the other build someone suggested as i have not got a clue which one is best for me? Thank you!

• 28 days ago
  • 1 point

you welcome, good idea

• 27 days ago
  • 1 point

You selected a full sized ATX case for a micro ATX motherboard. This will look weird. The only real reason for doing this is if you want to prioritize airflow which would be unnecessary for this build.

• 27 days ago
  • 1 point

the case is for a good price, it comes with a transparent panel, it is for a good airflow as you said and for future upgrades, also the difference of size between an ATX motherboard and micro ATX is nothing

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube