add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
snworb

25 days ago

I'm deciding to make the jump from console to pc, though I have no idea whats good or bad or where to even start. I would like the budget to be $700-$800 but will settle with $1000 if it's worth it. The build would be for Sim Racing games like iracing, Forza Motorsport, and Assetto Corsa. I'd be running Windows 10 with all of this. I already have the actual sim rig already planned out so no need to add that to the parts list, just the pc. If you guys can help I'd be quite thankful.

Comments

• 25 days ago
  • 1 point

What do you already have?

• 25 days ago
  • 1 point

I haven't bought any of it yet, but a gt omega rig with monitor stand and fanatec base and pedals.

[comment deleted]
  • 25 days ago
  • 1 point

Important question, what monitor resolution do you have? (or want, if you don't have the monitor yet)

• 25 days ago
  • 1 point

I was planning on a 144hz 1440p LG monitor

• 25 days ago
  • 1 point

Something for you to work with. I did not include a copy of Windows, if you need that add $100.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $194.00 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler ARCTIC Freezer 12 CPU Cooler $21.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $83.98 @ Newegg
Memory OLOy 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $57.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $95.99 @ B&H
Video Card Asus Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB TUF Gaming X3 OC Video Card $389.99 @ Amazon
Case DIYPC F2 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $39.92 @ Newegg
Power Supply BitFenix Whisper M 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $79.98 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $963.84
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-14 13:39 EST-0500

You need a fair amount of GPU power to run good rates at 1440p. If you don't play at ultra settings you can probably get decent results with a 2060 and save $40 or so. I'd suggest poking around for reviews at 1440p with various GPU's to see which one works best for you. I don't think you are going to get much under $1000 at 1440p; at 1080p you can get closer to your $800 number.

• 25 days ago
  • 1 point

Seems like that may be what I'm looking for! Now i just need to start saving. Thank you!

• 25 days ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome! There's plenty of room for changing individual parts (such as the case) but this should give you enough to move forward with.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube