add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

The "I have no idea what I'm doing" build! Rip it apart please!

buzguy

16 days ago

First ever PC build. Currently a console gamer and taking the plunge to PC. I will be using it primarily for playing games like Overwatch. This will be a family computer going in a conspicuous room so my wife wanted to get a Mac but we compromised on getting a PC that looks "Mac-ish" which is why you see the higher end case. I'm not so confident on the screen in particular but was looking to get something wide which is why i chose this particular unit. Budget is 2K all in including all peripherals. Please rip it apart and let me know if you would do something different!

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/buzguy/saved/QyWFGX

Comments

• 16 days ago
  • 1 point

Did you check out the build guides? If I was in your situation, that's where I'd start.

Get the minimum/recommended specs for games you want to play and find the build that meets them.

Tweak the case and storage to meet your wants and budget.

As straightforward as that.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube