add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Mr_wang
  • 4 months ago

THIS THREAD IS NO LONGER IMPORTANT OR IN USE FROM THE OWNER

How bad or good are the amd drivers? Currently I use a nvidia card and those drivers work fine, but I've heard that the amd drivers can sometimes give black screens? Is this true, or false or if it is true how bad is it or has it been fixed?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

Known Issues

From the current driver version.

Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may intermittently experience loss of display or video signal during gameplay.

Driver issue.

Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience stutter in some games at 1080p and low game settings.

Hardware issue.

Performance Metrics Overlay may cause stutter or screen flashing on some applications.

Driver issue effecting all Radeon cards.

Toggling HDR may cause system instability during gaming when Radeon ReLive is enabled.

Driver issue effecting all Radeon cards.

Several of the older issues have not been fixed yet either but have been dropped from the known issues list.

Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience display loss when resuming from sleep or hibernate when multiple displays are connected.

Driver issue.

Stutter may be experienced when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240hz refresh displays with Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.

Effects all Radeon cards as well so likely driver issue, although worse on 5700 series so possibly both hardware and driver.

Performance Metrics Overlay may report incorrect VRAM utilization.

Broken since overlay launched.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

would it be worth getting an rx 5700?

I'll be gaming at the highest settings, 1080p at 144hz.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Debatably.

Issues like intermittently experience loss of display or video signal during gameplay are deal breaking to most since your paying good money and getting issues that ruin the reason to buy the card.

I personally am more concerned about things like the Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience stutter in some games at 1080p and low game settings. no matter how capable a card you buy its only a matter of time until you have to reduce settings, so this is a card that won't last as long and be replaced sooner.

And the number of people still running into faulty cards that BSOD requiring retuning the product until you get a working card.

The performance is there when the cards and drivers work properly, but we're also looking at continuing deal breaking driver issues that have been around twice as long as the last launches issues.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Should I go with the MSI RTX 2060S ARMOR

Or the SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 5700

Initially, the NVIDIA card is cheaper, it also has 8gb of vram which I desired, so just a choice between these two, if the drivers affect the performance there's not really any point getting the card; currently, also I use a GTX 1060 (3GB) and the drivers don't affect me at all (the nvidia card will also prevent less stress with creating an account)

Is the performance much different or even better in some cases with the RTX 2060S? I'll also do coding and some maybe animations, would the 2060S perform better?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I think I'll go with the 2060s, would you? (saves money and no major driver issues)

[comment deleted]
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I assume you're talking about the new RX 5500 - the 5700's?

It appears AMD has mostly fixed up the major issues so you shouldn't experience anything too crazy

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

okay, thanks for the info (and yes i am talking about the new cards)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube