add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Tesla Truck

floridaboz
  • 4 months ago

I am writing this 20 minutes before the stream even starts. So my opinion will be below. I am kind of excited and nervous about it. I want to see this thing, and i know that is what our future will look like. But we will see.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 5 points

Honestly... it looks like ****. It resembles a door stop.

• 4 months ago
  • 4 points

Elon kinda made himself look dumb when he dropped all the weights on the Tesla glass and it didn't break

And then he had Franz throw the balls at the truck and the glass broke lol
He seemed to recover well from it though

• 4 months ago
  • 4 points

What in the hell is up with the looks of it. Is today April 1st?

• 4 months ago
  • 4 points

Looks like a low poly model in a video game that'd only be used for something that's at a far away distance to save on resources

[comment deleted]
  • 4 months ago
  • 4 points

It looks... Unique, I'll say that. Looks like some kind of Hotwheels car.

• 4 months ago
  • 4 points

Oh good, Elon's made a car so that Lara Croft finally has a vehicle as low poly as she is.

• 4 months ago
  • 4 points

It looks odd to say the least, but the specs of the tri-motor model are not anything to spit at for sure

• 4 months ago
  • 4 points

Personally love it. The very high tow rating for a truck of its size/class is impressive and very good.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I been meaning to comment my thoughts on it. When i first seen it, i was kind of in shock, as another commenter put it, I instantly thought door stop. Than the fact that it did not look like anything else on the road today, made me think i like it. I do like the numbers, honestly even like the shape and the simple inside as well. But there is a big issue i see with the truck. I used to work out of trucks all the time, and i spent a lot of time loading and unloading out of the sides of trucks, and the access to the sides would get annoying, however i think i would maybe get used to it.

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

Not really a car guy, but I thought the thing with the glass was funny.

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

Great news for Tesla getting into the truck space. I know a lot of people who only buy trucks and its a really untapped market for electric vehicles in general.

It means in the future if electric cars become the norm Tesla may be one of maybe 2 or 3 players in the electric truck space giving Tesla a lot of growth potential.

• 4 months ago
  • 3 points

Looks: Extremely Polarizing - I kind of like it, but I don't want to get noticed driving it as it is too noticeable. I'm also kind of concerned about sideview mirrors

Value is quite good though- compared to base models of other trucks it seems expensive but you don't pay for gas and towing and acceleration is much better. Range for the base model is kind of low, but I guess for most people it should work well enough.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

lol it's like he ripped it straight out of Aliens, or Bladerunner. I think he jumped the shark on this one.

• 4 months ago
  • 2 points

High tow rating with an incredibly low tow range. Very niche.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

When the first one is delivered, I bet it will look different than what was displayed at the auto show.

It appears to have massive blind spots, and highly unlikely a significant amount of after market truck accessories will fit.

The specs are great - no gas expense - but electricity rates will probably increase (gas too) by the time the first one is delivered.

It looks like it does a very good job at reflecting the sun - just the right angle and it will blind other drivers.

It has a big solar panel, but it needs to be retracted in order to use the bed - so not sure how useful it is.

Interesting design. He points out that current truck styles haven't changed for many years, well, there's a reason for that. If it was a bad design, it would have changed at some point - but it works for the purpose of a truck. Aerodynamics seems to be a low point when you start putting ladder racks and other stuff on a truck.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube