add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
hardmetal1
  • 4 months ago

I'm looking to build a decent gaming pc where I can play new games and stream. I'm cool with 720p or 1080p. I'm not expecting anything over 1080p right now. I'm cool with anything over 30fps. As long as I can stream and play new games that might seem demanding where it's not lagging, then I'm cool.

If any used parts would at a lower price throw it in there.

Already have a mouse and keyboard. Dont have to include a monitor. I'll pick my own.

I know there's gotta be builds within by budget that would be good for now and good to update later. I've seen builds around the same price range on YouTube that seemed to work unless they were lying. Funny thing is, is that fortnight is the go to game to test out so we'll see.

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Location? (Country)

Do you need an OS?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Michigan, US Windows 10

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, state doesn't matter, just country so we know where to buy the parts from locally.

Windows 10: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/wtgPxr/microsoft-os-kw900140

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

are you near Detroit? There is a Micro Center in that area.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, but I was gonna buy the parts separately over the next few months, I dont have it all on me right now to just buy the whole thing.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

ok

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

cpu is an (igpu) processor with integrated graphics, does not need a gpu.

can upgrade later with just a gpu, or gpu and a 6 core cpu.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Processor $137.11 @ Walmart
Motherboard MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard $114.99 @ B&H
Memory Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $54.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $95.99 @ Amazon
Case Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case $98.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply $79.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $602.05
Mail-in rebates -$20.00
Total $582.05
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-27 17:56 EST-0500

This build already has a gpu and a 6 core processor

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $114.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $74.98 @ Amazon
Memory Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $54.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $95.99 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card $219.99 @ Newegg
Case Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case $39.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $34.93 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $665.85
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $635.85
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-27 18:04 EST-0500
  • 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, I'm not an expert on building computers, so the igup part I didn't understand. Is the PC that's $600 the one that's upgraded?

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Hello,

Both configurations are upgradeable.

In the first build, I saved by not buying the gpu and replacing it with a cpu which has it's own build in video output. You would connect you monitor directly to the motherboard video output. Later, when you buy a gpu, you would plug in it, connect the monitor cable to it, then download the video driver for it and your games would now have better fps.

Furthermore, by saving money using an igpu processor, for now, I was able to purchase better quality components in the budget. A better, motherboard, psu, and case.

If instead, I go with even a more expensive cpu then that would be better for games which are cpu dependent, but by going with a more powerful gpu, I would increase fps in newer type games because they are more gpu dependent. Using a less expensive gpu would drop my fps significantly.

In the second build, I purchased a little more powerful 6 core cpu which does not have it's own onboard video output so I had to buy a gpu with it, this cut into my budget, so I had to compensate for that by purchasing less expensive other components, motherboard, psu, and case.

Hope this helps.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I could do the second build. I'm just buying the parts separately over time.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

If buying over time, use build #1, replace cpu with Ryzen 5 2600, Ryzen 5 2600X, Ryzen 7 2700X add your gpu, GTX 1660 SUPER, or if you've got the money go with an RTX 5700 GPU, or RTX 5700 XT. This will give you a lot more fps. But, if you plan to go with the RTX 5700 XT, buy a 650W PSU instead.

For a monitor, go with 1080p@144 Hz, if you have more to spend go with 1080p@165 Hz. If you're going to use a Nvidia graphics card, get a monitor with G.Sync. If you're going to use a AMD graphics card, get a monitor with FreeSync.

Anyways, you have plenty to think over now.

If you need future assistance feel free to ask.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you give me a complete build with the parts you just mentioned. I want to compare it to the $500 build you posted earlier.

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

I think I might go with this build. What do you think?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube