add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What to upgrade for 144fps high settings

papadave2359

1 month ago

Hi guys, recently built this PC and was disappointed to find I can only get very low settings 144fps on apex legends. What should I upgrade to get there? At 1080p https://pcpartpicker.com/user/papadave2359/saved/Y7TykL#

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

What resolution are you trying to game at?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

1080p sry

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

The build seems pretty good for 1080p high refresh rate. According to this video, the gpu gets 90-110+ fps at 1080p max in apex legends. I don't really think the cpu would be the problem either.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

If you’re at 1080p, you should be just fine. You could upgrade to a 3600 and update the BIOS, but other than that, it seems like you’d do just fine.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

A 2600X and 1080 should be able to do that.. I have a 2700X / 2070 and I get about 120 on mostly high settings with view distance maxed out.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Unfortunately on apex I’m only getting 144 at bare minimum settings right now with that current setup. My next step is to get a water cooler and overclock both gpu and cpu. I know I can overclock on air but my plan is to get water

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

2070S perhaps?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

*update I overclocked my GPU and are now getting 144 on low settings! Next is to overclock cpu. And hopefully I’ll get medium or high settings (:

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube