add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

If You Had 24 Hours to Live, What Would You Do?

PennyForThoughts

2 months ago

If you had 24 hours to do anything, what would you do? Anywhere from climbing Mount Everest to swimming in your backyard pool, how would you spend your final hours.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

I'd inform everyone I feel should know, first and foremost. From there, it'd probably depend on what I felt like doing. Nothing outlandish or unnecessarily flashy for me, even in my final moments.

I'd set about figuring out what to send to who, among my possessions. I don't have much to begin with, but I'd probably give all my gaming equipment to my brother and all my cash to my mom. Everything else could be scrapped or donated.

From there, I'd make a more public announcement that I was going to be passing away. I head a small streaming community and I'd want to let them all know, not for the sake of attracting attention, but to let everyone be informed.

I'd have some long-distance calls to make to family and loved ones as well, but they'd probably have to be pretty brief given there's a lot of people to communicate with and I'd want to speak with them one on one.

After that, I'd probably go to a restaurant and eat whatever I wanted with nearby friends and family. I'd demand that everyone eat and drink to their own delight and I'd cover whatever the tab was (I'm gonna be dead afterwards, what do I care?) and if anyone got teary-eyed I'd tell them to put a smile on their face instead.

I doubt I'd sleep through the evening, knowing I'd be dying shortly thereafter. Assuming I had through the night to live, I'd probably write a small journal to describe my thoughts and dreams as something of an autobiography. I'd hate to leave the world without leaving something of myself behind, so for my own personal remembrance, I'd want to have something documented.

Now, depending on the 24 hour time span, if I were to die in the night, I'd probably lay in the grass and stare at the stars until I passed, or I'd watch the sunrise and wait to slip away, assuming the death itself isn't horridly painful. If it was something that was going to be agonizing in my final moments, I'd probably seclude myself somewhere quiet to privately die on my own.

Aaaaaand that's it. Nothing too crazy, I guess, but then I've never been one for grandeur, pomp, nor circumstance.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

A rather peaceful way to die; you seem like you would just accept it.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Assuming there was no way to prevent it from happening, I'd have no choice other than to accept that it was going to happen. I'm not one to panic or get too flustered in the moment. Rather than try to cram everything I'd ever wanted to do into a tiny sitting, I'd rather go about my last day in the same peaceful and composed demeanor. I'd have some matters to attend to with family, friends, and loved ones, but that aside I wouldn't want to fill my final hours with the frantic stress of trying to fulfill every last dream of mine.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

That is a very mature approach.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

I was asked a few weeks ago and i have been thinking and i have no clue. my whole life I've felt like my value was determined by the impact I've had on other people. I don't think I've had much of an impact or will for a long time. I want to become successful so that i can help others. I don't know what i could do in that 24 hours so i really don't know what i would do, im very not ready to die.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Damn

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

That got depressing fast.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Build a PC and play games on it :D

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Right place to be.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep!

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Honestly, I would just freak out and panic.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Spend time with my family. Then, probably do IV DMT right before going.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Write some kind of will that gives all my stuff away to the less fortunate. (And then curl up in a ball and rock back and forth in a corner for the rest) Death is one of my least favorite things to think about.

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Whenever I think of death, I end up discussing the concept with someone.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

So, it's exactly 24 hours before I die? No more, no less?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I would gear up and go on a rampage. As an optimist, it's not a death sentence, it's merely 24 hours of guaranteed immortality (although not invulnerability).

• 2 months ago
  • 3 points

I would gear up and go on a rampage.

Uhhhhhhh... I hope you don't mean what most people are probably going to think... lol

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Me too. I hope it was just worded very poorly

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

XD

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

We started with a dark premise, found a positive note, and then ended right back on a negative.

In any case, it's nonphysical. You never get an exact period of guaranteed immortality.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Agreed. While you will die after 24 hours, you are still mortal leading up to it.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Ya...

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Are you suggesting you would kill people or hurt people?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh no, we created a mass serial killer (people who put you on 24 hours).

[comment deleted]
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Geez I thought these were going to be at least a bit lighthearted and now I'm depressed.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know? Letting time passes through your body and your mind sounds fun for someone who doesn't know how to share my deep thoughts and emotions to others, like me.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

This reminds me of a joke.

Doc told me I had 24 hours to live. So I stabbed in the shoulder and the judge gave 20 years.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

(While rolling on the floor) Nice. I'm dying.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, I’d probably inform a good friend of mine that I wouldn’t be able to make due on an upcoming commitment. Then, I’d inform the police department that I might be proclaimed missing within the next day or so, because I’d rather those great men and women not waste precious time on a searching case.

I would take some of my favorite belongings, like my USA pins and some of my favorite literature. I’d go out to the woods and pass the time with reading. I have never really gone outside much, and I sort of regret it. Also, I wouldn’t bring any of my various watches or anything else to tell time; it might feel liberating to live without obsessing over time for once.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I'd get on a plane and go somewhere.

[comment deleted]
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Even then, it would be hard.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

What would you want him to do with your body?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube