add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Happy New Year 2020 Great things to come, hopefully for the PCPP community and myself.

floridaboz
  • 3 months ago

I want this to be a thread about reflection on the last year of your life.

As for me, This has been one of the best years i have had in a long time. I have had major tooth issues, and if you all recall from a past thread, major surgery on my face. But i have been able to get more stable in my life, i was able to move out of the trash place i was in, into a much better house. Things in life just work out better this year, even with the medical issues i have had, i have never been happier.

I am hoping that 2020 will bring great things for you and i.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 7 points

I don't know what surprises next year might hold; I don't have 20/20 vision.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

At the start of last year, i had 20/20 vision, but it has went down hill lately, scared to go to the eye doctor, because i know i am walking out of there with glasses.

I know that is not what you meant by your sentence, but at the same time, i hope things work out well for you.

• 3 months ago
  • 4 points

Merry New Year.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Year of Merry New.

• 3 months ago
  • 3 points

Hey man, glad you overall had a really good year

My year was a big mix of ups, but mainly downs. Like I got my first apartment, which was really awesome at first. Then now I'm starting to realize how garbage these apartments are.

I got a job offer as an IT assistant for a Tribal Government, which is really awesome and where I have been working the past 6 months.

Got my first tattoo also, which admittedly, the guy didn't do too fantastic on a part of it. It's fine unless you really take time to look at it.

Finally got a nice little car that's actually reliable (2004 Honda Civic EX)

Other than that, that's really all I got. Everything else was kinda sucky and/or just any normal boring day. Lost some friends, lost respect for my uncle. Fun stuff like that

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

I am hoping that next year you will have more positives than negatives.

• 3 months ago
  • 3 points

Happy new year floridaboz, hope your next one goes even better (or at least not worse)!

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

That (or at least not worse) is honestly what i hope for. But if things go better, that will be great

• 3 months ago
  • 3 points

What a year it's been.

I got out of an abusive relationship that lasted way too long. I got a promotion at my job. I finally moved into my first apartment and I'm living with my best friend of almost two decades. I've started my own streaming channel for charity and raised over $3000 in a single year.

There's been some ups and downs, but it's been a productive year, and I'm looking forward to the next rather than dreading it. It's gonna be a good time.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

Really sounds like things are going in the right direction for you, I wish the best for you, for the next year.

• 3 months ago
  • 3 points

2020's gonna be a interesting year for myself. I've got 2.5 major surgeries lined up and I'll be a senior and most likely accepted into college by the end of the year.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

i wish you the best of luck for your college, and hope the surgeries go well for you.

• 3 months ago
  • 3 points

This has been a brutal year for my family, I will be happy to see it go away. With things all messed up I have no idea what the new year holds. I hope and pray it is much better than this year was. This stuff came out of the blue and changed our lives forever. If you need something to do this year consider people that have been hammered by something out of their control, even if its just a few nice words. It can make you appreciate how lucky you are. I so wish I spent the year at work complaining about something stupid every day.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

I do try to give back one way or another, At least once a month i go help out at the soup kitchen, more if i am able, and plan on getting more involved in other services for the homeless, mainly because 4 years ago, i was right on the edge of being homeless, and i was one of the lucky ones. I have also helped other services that this project is working on.

• 3 months ago
  • 3 points

sadly the end of this was bad. my gram past away a day ago.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

I am very sorry to hear that, i lost both my grandparents years ago, and i know how heartbreaking that can be.

• 3 months ago
  • 3 points

yeah. she was 98. she was not their anymore sadly. plus last year and the year before i was dealing with a icu lvl of food posining. which ruin job hunting for me.

• 3 months ago
  • 3 points

Now that is official where i live, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

• 3 months ago
  • 3 points

Happy New Year PCPP community!

Besides the typical ups and downs of school, I had a decent year. I managed to find a summer job as a teenager that I can choose when I work(which doesn't usually happen). I got my own pet, a bearded dragon. I have my driver's permit, at least until April when I can go for my license. There is more other than those highlights too. So, I'd say it has been a pretty good year.

One of the downs I've had is my frustration with the political climate in the U.S. I've been struggling with the fact that other than being a good citizen, I can't do much for it. I can't vote, and obviously can't be voted into a position. I could go on about this, but no need to do that here.
I've also struggled with what I want to do with my life as an adult. I keep saying I want a Computer Science degree, but I don't truely know exactly what I'd do with it. I do have some time to figure it out luckily.

All this to say, I've had a great year, and I look forward to what the next year, and next decade, will bring.

• 3 months ago
  • 3 points

Wow I haven't made a post on the PCPartPicker forums since last decade

Uhhhhh here's hoping.

Life has not been kind to me for the last few years. I actually can't really tell the difference between 2018 and 2019. They both kinda blur together. Anyway, most of my new years resolutions is to improve that situation and most of what I would say about my 2019 roundup basically amounts to "it was ****", and I'm avoiding being specific about it because I don't wanna have to deal with unsolicited advice especially when it doesn't actually apply to my situation (this happens quite often), and if I mention every single specific detail to avoid advice that isn't applicable it just sounds like I'm getting defensive, so I don't want that either…

Never going to say "at least it can't get any worse". I said that back in 2017 and 2018 and it did. The year is sentient and it takes that as a challenge.

• 3 months ago
  • 3 points

(Response to your description)That is get to hear, and I hope to continue to get better.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

I have met my archenemy, a football player in my school named Connor Fisher. In 2019 I have made it sure we are like Firey and Coiny from BFDI. In 2020 I don't know what to do.

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

(wonders about the youtube changes)

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube