add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best DDR3 cpu for RX 570

Jee138
  • 2 months ago

I currently have a amd fx 8320. Its experiencing multiple problems and I am looking for an upgrade. I want to keep my ddr3 ram and NOT upgrade to ddr4. So I would appreciate a suggestion for a CPU that could pair very well with my RX 570. Does not have to be specific but a generation would be nice. eg. 7th gen or 8th gen. Thanks. I wish to get out of computer games but cant seem to. So I want to keep this cheap.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

LGA 1150 would be an OK starting point (you’ve got some overclockable i5/i7 processors, which you can (relatively) get for cheap (checking r/hardwareswap, Craigslist, AliExpress, eBay, etc for a 4770K/4790K or a 4670K/4690K, if you can’t stretch that far, and a Z97 board would be your best bet)

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, thanks!! But what if I find an i3-8th or 9th gen for cheap?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

For those gens,

You'll have to change for a LGA1151 Socket and with that at least a H310 chipset motherboard, and you would have to change to ddr4. ImperiousBattlestar gave you the option to keep those ddr3 modules.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube