add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Changes to Modest Intel Gaming Build?

John2049
  • 2 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/2CWG3C/modest-intel-gaming-build

Is there anything you would change (except the CPU) within reason in general, and or for better performance that's cheaper?

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Just a thought .... I did a search for GPU's for < $290 and there were 3 590 8 GB in there as well as several like 10 580 in both 8GB and 4GB.

Due to your case choice I thought you wouldn't want a non-modular PSU. So I dis a search for 500w -750w that are gold rated PSU's and there are several cheaper than your choice. Then I stepped down to bronze and there are a ton of choices. There are some savings out there you just have to make the call.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Gotcha. Thank you!

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Just a thought .... I did a search for GPU's for < $290 and there were 3 590 8 GB in there as well as several like 10 580 in both 8GB and 4GB.

Well, that choices would decrease the performance for a considerable amount.

The one you should consider and could be worth to save would be changing the 1660ti for a 1660 Super, this last is cheaper, newer, and very very close in performance.

Personal choice, would be to take that storage 512+2tb, and change for a 1tb nvme. Would be faster, enough size for a good time, and easily upgradable in the future,

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

You are correct about the GPU's ..... what I was looking for was AMD 5600XT

Can you wait until this comes out ?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube