add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Does my build needs CPU cooler?

doggybear

77 months ago

Here is my initial specs for PC build for my mid level gaming needs

Intel Core i5-3550 (3.3G) 6mb 22nm Asus P8Z77-M Pro Motherboard 8gb Kingston Hyper X Memory PowerColor HD7770 1gb ddr5 hdmi

Does it need CPU cooler?? and should I overclock? You could also comment on my build for changes and anything. Thanks in advance

Comments

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

With your confirguration the stock Intel cooler should be work just fine. If you live in a warm to hot area you should make sure that your case has all of the fans it can hold to keep the whole system cool. The only overlock you are going to get is with the factory turbo wich is only up to 3.5 or 3.6 I believe. No need to OC your system sounds fine and with such a lower tier GPU it will not help much.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

btw i'll be using this PC in the Philippines. Pardon my ignorance but I thought gaming affect the heating of the CPU does the need of an additional CPU cooler is necessary.

• 77 months ago
  • 0 points

I live in Taiwan. It's gonna get hot soon. I recommend a cooler. The Cooler Master Evo is great for me.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

its already really hot in here. what case should I get?

• 77 months ago
  • 0 points

Something that will allow you to install many fans. You need a rear (exhaust), front (intake), side (intake) and maybe a bottom (intake). The goal is to bring more air in. Most cases come with one fan, thats fine, but you need to buy some good quality fans to help push the heat out of your computer. I use 3 fans plus my CPU fan.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

If you can, I would go for Cooler Master with there HAF series cases and buy high CFM/noise fans. I also live in the Philippines but I think its hotter here considering I live in the southern part which is closer to the equator. For the aftermarket cpu cooler, how much is the budget?

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Get an after market cooler (my opinion). Go for either a Cooler Master or a Corsair closed water system(if you have money for water cooling).

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks sir but i think I would not go with the water cooling

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

Then go for an Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Very solid and its $30

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

yes sir thats what in my mind. would 500W PSU enough for my build

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

500 and above on wattage. MAKE SURE its 80+ efficient. If you don't the whole system will break. Go for a Corsair, XFX, or a Seasonoic (seasonics are better ones to go with but more expensive). I have a Corsair one myself; a 500watt modular PSU.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you so much sir

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

No need to get one, although if you're going for a Z77 mobo you might wanna get an unlocked CPU. The 3570k is great, or if you have a tight budget you could to with an 8350.

• 77 months ago
  • 0 points

It needs a CPU cooler. of course. Intel has one with the 3550 and you should use it. If your CPU temps ever exceed 75C then I'd suggest buying a real cooler.

You can NOT overclock the 3550. You need to buy the 3570k to overclock. If you do buy a 3550 then you should buy a H77 not Z77 motherboard.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

hmmm so I should go to 3570k? By then i will be needing the Z77 motherboard?

• 77 months ago
  • 0 points

Depends on your budget. 3570k (overclocked) and 3550 will be almost the exact same game performance. The 3550 is good if you don't overclock, but I'd chose the 3470. It's cheaper and the difference in performance is 0. With that said, you can get great H77 motherboards for $90USD (in US)

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

sir so the 3470 cpu and the H77 board could support the HD7770 GPU? Also, do I still need the CPU cooler?

• 77 months ago
  • 0 points

Yes the 3470 and H77 board can support ALL video cards. I recommend a better GPU for gaming. 7770 is good for 900p or less resolution.

You can try out the Intel cooler but I think it's gonna get hot. If you want your CPU to last a long time then you don't want it over 70C. Sometimes over 70C is ok, but not long term. So, yes I would still recommend a cooler. Get a CPU cooler that blows air toward back of your case. Good price brands: Cooler Master, Xigmatek, and Zalman.

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

so what GPU would you recommend sir? i'm just gonna use single monitor and about 1080 resolution

thanks I think o would go with with the cooler master evo

• 76 months ago
  • 0 points
  • 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Thus your indicated monitor would give full HD at 1920x1080 resolution?

• 76 months ago
  • 0 points

yes. I would suggest a 1920x1080 monitor, but if price is too high than look for a 20" 1600x900. If you drop down in resolution then you could drop down in GPU too, change to a 650ti.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Is the 650TI better than the 7770?

• 76 months ago
  • 0 points

7770 > 7790 = 650ti > 7850 > 650ti boost > 660 = 7870

Yes the 650ti is a step above the 7770.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok will save for that.

By the way what is the prediction of prices of these cards in the last quarter of 2013?

• 76 months ago
  • 0 points

2 intakes: front and side. The side helps to cool the GPU and the front is to help push air from low front to high rear.

I forgot you're in the Philippines, it's hot like Taiwan, so you might want to get a Cooler Master Evo or 212 to help cool your CPU.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Yup that's why I included it in my list. But I'll still use the 660 as GPU. Just save more to gain more.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube