add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Decent PSU 750w+ that is smaller than a HX750?

JayH
  • 69 months ago

Hi all, I bought a Corsair HX750 to upgrade from my Coolermaster Thunder 500 PSU and it's a tiny bit too long as the radiator from my H60i watercooler is in the way. If I unscrew the fan and rad from the case (Zalman Z11) and shift them across a bit it fits, but obviously this is not ideal as the fan doesn't line up with the ventilation holes, I'm not sure how much of a problem this would actually be.

The proper thing to do of course is get a smaller PSU, any recommendations? Most of the ones I've been looking at are similar size, 180mm long, and I need something probably no bigger than 170mm.

Comments

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmmm actually sorted this by moving the rad and fan from the base to the top corner - doesn't quite fit but if I remove one of the fans in the roof it should be sweet.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube