add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Do I need thermal paste for Corsair h100i?

bode927

73 months ago

Hi guys, I recently purchased parts to build a new PC, and they are currently in transit to my house.

I bought a corsair h100i but completely spaced out on the thermal paste.

The h100i does come with a patch of thermal stuff on the block already, seen here: http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1737/corsair_h100_009.jpg

Is that adequate for cooling or should I have bought some thermal paste separately? In order to get it now I'd have to drive about ~35 min to micro center.

Comments

• 73 months ago
  • 10 points

You should be fine with the preapplied paste. :)

• 73 months ago
  • 5 points

You dont need to buy any extra paste, and that picture is the H100, not the 100i.

• 73 months ago
  • 3 points

No you don't need it, as philip and Expo stated, since the pumps plate has it pre applied but it is always nice to keep on hand in case you slip or mess up when seating it and need to re apply it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube