add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

SLI Adequate Cooling

DodecPCs
  • 71 months ago

Hello everyone! I was considering upgrading my Hackintosh sometime in the future. I will probably have to stay with the 7xx generation of NVIDIA cards just because of compatibility reasons. Although I was wondering if I should go with two 760's, or a 780 or something like that.

I currently have one 760, and I want to have two, but that would require getting a bigger power supply, and me worrying about heat problems. I do not want to do a custom water cooling look and I have the Corsair 550D case which has soundproofing all around it so the ventilation isn't the best even with 5 CM JetFlo's. So if I were to go 2 760's how could I make sure the temps would be satisfactory for both cards with just air? OR should I just swap with a 770 or 780 sometime in the future?

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

With 5 JetFlos I'd imagine cooling wouldn't be a big issue. What sort of temperatures are you getting right now? And is the PC on the floor facing a wall or on top of a desk?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Idle, my GPU die is getting 29 Celsius. I am just worried one of the cards won't get good temps if I have SLI. The PC is on the floor.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube