add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best CPU cooler that will fit these motherboards

MCURTIS8707

76 months ago

Im trying to decide on three mother boards:

Asus p8z77-i deluxe (more than i really want to spend) gigabyte ga-z77n asrock z77e-itx

Right now I have the EVO 212 selected but yet have hear of problems with it fitting on the MOBO with the back plate. Also some other options block out the slot for the GPU.

Any ideas?

Comments

• 76 months ago
  • 2 points

The backplate problem seems to only be an issue with the ASRock and ASUS boards (though the P8Z77-i can fit a lot of other coolers). The Gigabyte board does not appear to have those issues with the 212's backplate (source).

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome! Thanks for the response. Helps a lot actually. Was getting confused there for a little bit and getting discouraged since this is my first build.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube