add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will this CPU cooler be a problem with these High profile RAM?

Joseph000555

76 months ago

Someone told me that the RAM on this motherboard might get in the way with the CPU cooler because the RAM's heat spreader is a little too tall. Since i am planning on using 2 sticks(2x4G), and planning on upgrading to adding 8G more, will this be a problem? Here's my list part http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Joseph000555/saved/1thK

Comments

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

No, it shouldn't be a problem. I did a build with that same motherboard and cooler, so unless your ram is HUGE you should be fine.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Theoretically say my ram IS huge and they somehow only fit on the 2/4 slots, would buying two different ram sticks be a problem or do they have to be by the same manufacturer with the same speed or memory?

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Generally speaking they should work fine, but all the sticks will run at the slowest speed. For example: Say you buy a 1600Mhz 8gb kit now (2x4gb 1600Mhz). Then like a month or two later you decide to get another 8gb kit, but you can't find the same kit in stock. So you buy a 1333Mhz 8gb kit (2x4gb 1333Mhz). At that moment all your sticks old and new will run @ 1333Mhz.

ps; Of course as always wait for a confirmation by other members.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, it should be ok. However, why you would need aluminium heat spreaders unless your OCing to the moon is beyond me.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

i think i heard something about these being clocked at 1333Mhz but they advertise 1600Mhz so i have to OC them 1600Mhz like theyre supposed to? I'm a noob i'm sorry.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Make sure you install your RAM before the CPU cooler and you will be fine. I've done a build with both the 212 and high profile Corsair Vengeance.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the tip!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube