add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CM Hyper 212 EVO

pepsiblast08

75 months ago

I have 2 questions:

1) Would this cooler be good for overclocking an i5 3750k?

2) Would the Hyper 212 EVO fit inside of a HAF XM?

Comments

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

Not too convinced on CLC just yet. Well I should say I don't have the balls for liquid. I'm setting up a decent air system.

• 75 months ago
  • 0 points

I can't answer #2 for you but I was researching alot for what is right for the 3570k and overclocking and countless people have said the 212 just doesn't cut it. They usually opt for Noctua D14 or h100i. Then again the Noctua is hugeee lol and the h100i is a CLC so people stray from them due to the slight possibility of leaking and how loud it can get. Although I have read around about how corsair handles those situations and have read nothing but praise for corsairs customer support when an issue does come up so it seems in the event it did leak, they cover whatever was damaged and supply a brand new cooler. This is why I am going to go for the h100i :) hope this helped.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube