add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Not sure how I should install Corsair H100i

Luxor

72 months ago

I've been browsing the internet for about an hour trying to figure out how I should go about installing the H100i in my system. I don't yet have my parts but I'd rather know everything now and have no troubles, than just do it and figure out how when I'm doing it. Here's the build i'm going to be doing...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor $179.99 @ Newegg Canada
CPU Cooler Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $105.00 @ Newegg Canada
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z ATX AM3+ Motherboard $228.38 @ DirectCanada
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $68.16 @ DirectCanada
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card $399.99 @ Newegg Canada
Case Corsair 650D ATX Mid Tower Case $151.78 @ DirectCanada
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply $119.99 @ Memory Express
Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer $18.68 @ DirectCanada
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) $104.93 @ DirectCanada
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. $1376.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-06-02 12:55 EDT-0400

I'm troubled on several things because i've seen them done many different ways. For starters I'm not sure if the tubes going from the radiator to the cooler should be oriented to go over the cooler, or the other way. I've seen it done both ways, but it seems more logical for it to go the other way considering it'll block the cooler itself when looking at the system. My second question is how should I go about mounting the fans and radiator on the case? I know I can do a push or a pull that can be either intake or outtake, but which combination would work best in this setup? I'd also like to know where the fans/radiator should be, on the inside or outside of the case.. I've seen it done both ways. Don't just say "Do whatever suits best for you." I don't know what suits best for me! Let me know how you'd do it for this setup it'll help out a lot. Please let me know if anything i'm asking is unclear to you so I can clear it up. Other than that thanks to anyone who can help me out!

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points

It would be better mount at the top.

The idea is to mount the reservoir higher than the pump.

Otherwise, with your pump sitting higher than your reservoir, any evaporation of the fluid will allow air bubbles to move up towards your pump. This just means that you'll have issues with bubbles getting caught in your pump from time to time, which will result in clicking noises in the pump.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

That makes sense now.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't think it really matters it just has to be mounted correctly on the case and CPU. And the intake and outtake doesn't really matter to much.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

You can look at my build if you want to see how th h100i goes in a 650D.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube