add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CPU push-pull configuration

interoo

75 months ago

Im trying to push-pull my cpu cooler, and idk what fan to buy. Is there separate fan for cpu coolers? and how do i install them?

Comments

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

it depends on the size of your radiator/heatsink. Normally they are 120mm or 140mm.

Unlike the intake/exhaust case fan, the most important spec for radiator fans is the Static Pressure (and noise level of course).

For 120mm, The Gentle Typhoon AP-15 is the best I've ever use. There are lots of reviews online. Noctua makes good rad fans as well, but i don't really enjoy their color scheme.

For 140mm, well I never used any, but from what I heard, the Air Penetrator AP-141 from Silverstone, and TY-141/143 from Thermalright are decent choices. And Noctua introduced a 150mm fan(NF-A15) that is claimed to be "the best choice" for 140mm/280 radiator. Also Couger's vertex also has good reputation, but again I found their color is ugly.

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

my heatsink is xigmatek's Dark Knight II. should i switch out the stock fan too?

• 75 months ago
  • 1 point

If you can find an identical fan as the stock, then no. If not, then I'd recommend these. They have excellent static pressure and aren't too horribly expensive. They also come with a red, white, and blue colored rings you can swap out to fit your color scheme.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=35-181-027

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube