add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is there any free way to convert PDF docs to .doc or .docx?

casebuilder

60 months ago

I am trying to convert some PDF docs to .doc or .docx, but every software/ online utility to convert the files has failed and either made the doc into a picture that i can not easily edit or some unrecognizable jumble of letters. and all the online editing utility's trick me into thinking its free and then saying i have to pay to print or download the edited file :( Is there any software out there that is easy to use and will not trick me into paying unreasonable heaps of cash? Thank you for looking.

Comments

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

I use pdftoword.com. Works absolutely fine, minus the occasional formatting problem which is expected.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

the problem that i have is 90% of the files i try have massive formatting problems :(

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Well if you've got word 2013 simply open it with word and convert.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah.... i got word 07.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

windows here

• 60 months ago
  • 2 points

Have you tried OpenOffice? https://www.openoffice.org/

Well, to be fair OpenOffice opens PDFs in its Draw modeule...but you then have a choice to save it as a .OTG, .SXD or .STD file

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

no, i havnt but i will try that out!

• 59 months ago
  • 2 points

There are plug-is for PDFs, they are searchable from the OpenOffice page. In installed three PDF modules then from the Open Office start page I told it to open the PDF. It opened it in their Draw Module, and form there I was able to save it in other formats. There might even be a FREE add on that will give you more flexibility.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

alright i will give that a try try. +1 for you

• 60 months ago
  • 0 points

sucks to be you?

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

ikr, my parents cant stand linux, but i love it. i just wish they would let me dual boot the system.

• 60 months ago
  • 2 points

You don't need to do that. Run Ubuntu off a big USB stick with persistence enabled: http://www.linuxliveusb.com/

• 60 months ago
  • 2 points

Now that looks awesome! it also looks great for when i have to troubleshoot other peoples buids. Thanks!

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Xara are a Web Design programme company. You could try their free trial and dragging in a PDF into a blank doc on there. Xara Designer (not web) is also pretty good and may give you all the parts of the PDF in there that you can then copy separately and paste into word.

If the PDF's aren't data sensitive I could give it a try for you?

• 59 months ago
  • 2 points

i have started using PDFescape and it is free and it works awesome, but thanks anyway :)

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Not at all, glad you got it solved.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Try cutepdf

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

I wonder whether there are any differences between the PDF converter I am testing these days and the one you mentioned above.

• 60 months ago
  • -1 points

rename change the file format to docs there you go

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

They're different formats. By your reasoning, I could rename a .dmg for an apple exclusive program to a .exe file, and have it work on windows.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

that's Minecraft in that case as an example

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

??

Not sure what any of this has to do with minecraft. My point is that a program that is only capable of opening .doc or .docx files will not be able to open a .pdf file that is renamed to .docx. They are encoded differently, and the program will either open them up completely garbled, or be unable to open them at all.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I can't open up the version of minecarft on mac since it's damaged

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

And what does that have to do with this post?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube